Mazda3 Forums banner

drumbum897's Build Thread

3K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  exentix 
#1 ·
I bought this car brand new on December 21st, 2010. (Merry Christmas to me! :grin:)

2011 Mazda 3 Sport; Hatchback; Celestial Blue Mica

Electronic Modifications:
-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT Receiver
-Cerwin Vega H.E.D. Dual 12" Subwoofers
-Cerwin Vega H.E.D. 300.2 Amplifier

Engine Modifications:
-Advanced Timing Mod
-Simota CBII-658 SRI
-Custom Exhaust

Exterior Modifications:
-Painted Badges
-Tint: 35% front, 5% rear
-Stick0rz!

Interior Modifications:

Lighting Modifications:
-Retro-Solutions 35w 6000k HIDs
-V-LED 6000k Switchbacks

Suspension Modifications:
-Eibach Prokit Springs

Wheel/Tire Modifications:
-17" TSW Nurburgring Gunmetal Finish w/ Nitto NeoGen 225/45/17

Pictures!!

Taken before 9/18/11:

Taken on 9/18/11:

Subs!

Pioneer Receiver

Simota SRI

Taken on 9/26/11:

See less See more
#9 ·
hmmmm.... replace door speakers?? i like my subs but i think i like my components more. the highs are sweet 0_0

plaid interior? haha i love my plaid, it would be sweet if you could find a blue to match your car.

#10 ·
[quote author=exentix link=topic=197359.msg4128081#msg4128081 date=1318216518]
hmmmm.... replace door speakers?? i like my subs but i think i like my components more. the highs are sweet 0_0

plaid interior? haha i love my plaid, it would be sweet if you could find a blue to match your car.
[/quote]

I was thinking of swapping out my tweeters and mains next. Although the way I have it EQ'ed makes me happy for now.

Are you going to make it to the kop meet? I'd love to see your plaid interior. That sounds like a great idea! I love plaid haha.

#11 ·
yup i will be there. i can blast my obnoxious screaming loud music too haha. my tweeters are great but i kinda wish i would have gotten 6*9 mid drivers cas i dont have much thump to them. oh well it works good enough.

quick pic of my plaid. wish the blue was black but it still looks good.

#12 ·
[quote author=exentix link=topic=197359.msg4128088#msg4128088 date=1318217718]
yup i will be there. i can blast my obnoxious screaming loud music too haha. my tweeters are great but i kinda wish i would have gotten 6*9 mid drivers cas i dont have much thump to them. oh well it works good enough.

quick pic of my plaid. wish the blue was black but it still looks good.

[/quote]

I'm thinking tweeters for my next audio upgrade to balance out the subs. They're only 300W, but they still kick. I've hardly ever had my volume about 1/4 of the way haha. I can blast my music too haha. I've got a plethora of genres on my iPod. :)

That plaid is sweet! Is that hard to do? I've never even tried anything like that before ha.

#13 ·
no it really wasnt bad. just rip the old cloth off and cut another template. definitly easier to spray glue it rather than squeeze glue lol.

i have like 600 watts to my 2 kicker 12's and i have them wayyy down most of the time. my components are 50 watts each for the 5.25" and tweeters. i have a 75*4 amp to them so theyre cranked down too. so basicly i have enough power for it to be loud but i dont want to blow my speakers haha.

#14 ·
Re: Re: drumbum897's Build Thread

My head unit has a 50*4 amp built into it which is nice. My sub amp sits a little less than 50%, with the low pass at 80hz. I also have a high pass filter on my mains, so I'm not pushing all that low end power to the door speakers. And I have an 8-band eq that pretty much just scoops the mids. Makes me happy haha :) Most people around me have no idea how to mix their audio properly, and all you hear (in the car) is muffled bass. They're all mesmerized by my sound hahaha.

#15 ·
Re: Re: drumbum897's Build Thread

[quote author=drumbum897 link=topic=197359.msg4128113#msg4128113 date=1318220199]
My head unit has a 50*4 amp built into it which is nice. My sub amp sits a little less than 50%, with the low pass at 80hz. I also have a high pass filter on my mains, so I'm not pushing all that low end power to the door speakers. And I have an 8-band eq that pretty much just scoops the mids. Makes me happy haha :) Most people around me have no idea how to mix their audio properly, and all you hear (in the car) is muffled bass. They're all mesmerized by my sound hahaha.
[/quote]haha yea i dont know a whole lot but i do know that just an assload of bass doesnt make it sound good. not at all lol.

#17 ·
[quote author=drumbum897 link=topic=197359.msg4128120#msg4128120 date=1318220950]
Haha, I've already readjusted my buddy's prelude audio just because it sounded that bad. Subs sound best when they're heard, but you can't tell the sound is actually coming from them. So it all sits level haha. I run sound for local gigs in the area, so I've become a bit anal with my sound haha.
[/quote]thats pretty cool haha. maybe you can tweak mine haha. i have it pretty decent right now. probably as decent as a stock headunit can be. :lol:

#19 ·
a lot of heavier stuff. a day to remember, august burns red, parkway drive, that kinda stuff.

#23 ·
My god please listen to their album "the hollow" any song off it is amazing. Just everything kicks ass lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.