Mazda3 Forums banner

Headlight issues

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GTwithaGT 
#1 ·
Hi, guys. I am driving a 2010 mazada3 GT model. I have found a serious problem with my haedlight recently. I have no idea how to describe it so I take some photos.

Then I went to the delaer, they told me that's because of the after market daytime bulb I am using, instead of the factory ones and refuse to go through the warranty claim.
Here is the daytime bulb I am using
Is this the true cause of that problem? Or that's because my HID?

Afterwards the dealer ask me to replace that set of kit which I have no idea what is that, with a very high price

My question is then what is the cause of the problem(is it really because of the daytime bulb?) and any proper solutions? What is that orange part called, and can I find the aftermarket ones? The factory ones are too expensive. Thank you for your patient and I am waiting for your reply. Thank you guys!

See less See more
#2 ·
The DRL bulbs are at fault for this problem. That is why mazda brought out the black boxes with those resistors in them to reduce the power flowing. You however have put aftermarket bulbs in the DRL place and thats what caused the damage in pic 2. those boxes are not available aftermarket as Mazda released a mandatory recal. I am sure you could make your own as all that harness is is 1 wire that is modified with that resistor in the line. Just prevented them from cutting the oem wiring. Your headlight however is only fixable through either replacement or baking it open and wiping them clean. Or put the stock bulb back in and drive to another dealer and say I dunno what happened

#3 ·
[quote author=my_mazda3 link=topic=189375.msg3996549#msg3996549 date=1303097414]
The DRL bulbs are at fault for this problem. That is why mazda brought out the black boxes with those resistors in them to reduce the power flowing. You however have put aftermarket bulbs in the DRL place and thats what caused the damage in pic 2. those boxes are not available aftermarket as Mazda released a mandatory recal. I am sure you could make your own as all that harness is is 1 wire that is modified with that resistor in the line. Just prevented them from cutting the oem wiring. Your headlight however is only fixable through either replacement or baking it open and wiping them clean. Or put the stock bulb back in and drive to another dealer and say I dunno what happened
[/quote]
So, what u mean is there is nothing wrong with my after-market HID, right? And do u know any place that I can buy such aftermarket resistors?
Thankyou so much bro.

#4 ·
Pic 5 shows you the value of the resistor that is damaged and if you go and buy another one from you rlocal electronic store you can simply cut out the damaged one and replace it with the new on eyou got. Your HID's did not cause this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.