Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Need Advice, Should I cancel my extended warranty?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
pittsburghmazda3
Le Mans: GT Class

Need Advice, Should I cancel my extended warranty?

So the car is 2 years old this month, and is already out of the 3 year, 36k bumper to bumper warranty (37k miles), but I still have the remaining 5 year, 60k powertrain factory warranty remaining. When I purchased the car, I also purchased the extended warranty (forget what company) for 5 years, 60k, that covers miscellaneous crap, and if something goes wrong, I have to pay $100 deductible. I also purchased the extended service plan, that basically just reimburses for my oil changes (up to $68). A synthetic oil change at my dealer is $74, so i end up basically paying $6 per oil change.

Anyways, I'm thinking about cancelling these, and getting the prorated amount back. I had the extended warranty on my old 3, and never used it (had car to 55k miles, engine went at 45k, but the factory powertrain warranty covered that) and got the prorated amount back when I traded it in. What do you guys think?

2009 CWP Mazdaspeed 3 GT-|- cp-e xcel nano intake -|- protege garage turbo inlet -|- street unit rear motor mount -|- street unit solid shifter bushings -|- street unit edition turbosmart bpv -|- podi boost gauge -|- second resonator delete -|- rota grids 18x8.5 +44 wrapped with nexen 225/40/18 n3000 -|- twm short throw shifter -|- twm big type r shift knob -|- sure motorsports test pipe -|-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome