Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Transmission Fluid Temperature
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 06:18 PM
andrew1501
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Re: Transmission Fluid Temperature

[quote author=dredman1 link=topic=168086.msg4021828#msg4021828 date=1305232145]
Quote:
I believe the trans temp sensor is on top of the filter/strainer in the pan. So you'd have to remove the pan and the filter to see if it's there.
Damn - well I'm not about to go drop the pan to find out Just also realized that my transmission is a 4 speed auto, vs. your 5 speed. Given that it's an entirely different transmission, that makes it even more of a possibility I may not have the TFT sensor.

Quote:
I confirmed it at a buddy's shop who has a $3,000 laptop-based scanner/code reader, which shows anything and everything that's reported over OBDII.
You could also just go back by your buddy's shop and hook up his high end scanner and compare the TFT reading from that with the scan gauge.
[/quote]

the interceptor gauge picks it up throught the obd II as well, i usually run about 195 or so, 205 if it's pretty hot and i'm on the gas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome