Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Transmission Fluid Temperature
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 AM
dredman1
Go-Kart Driver

Re: Transmission Fluid Temperature

[quote author=IBrakeForNobody link=topic=168086.msg4020049#msg4020049 date=1305125624]
Thank you! I tried it this morning, and it works. [/quote]

Great - glad to hear it worked for you!!! And you're right - the Mazda 3 is CANSF. I guess if it worked on your car, that means it should work for all MZ3s in the N/American market. I'll shoot an email off to Linear Logic to let them know that it worked on a 2008 Mazda 3 S.

I'm still trying to find a way to get it to work with my MZ3, but no luck yet

Probably has something to do with the fact that the transmission fluid cooler on the 1.6L models is air cooled, and not the tuna can.

edit: I'm beginning to wonder if Mazda would have removed the TFT sensor completely on the air-cooled 1.6L engine models. If so, this would make my trying with the TFT codes useless. Anyone know where the TFT sensor is on the MZ3 and if it can be seen from below the car?

I know the layout of the lines from the transmission is different between the 1.6L and the 2.0/2.3L models, but I'm not sure what the sensor looks like. See http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...072#msg3982072 for pics of my transmission and the lines leading out of it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome