Silly me for missing the microSD slots.. Few more questions:
1. Can I use both microSD slots ? Or do I have to leave the "GPS " one alone ?
2. I put in a 32GB card, some apps only see 10GB or so. Google Play Music for some reason knows about it but wants to download music to the internal storage instead !!!
3. HERE maps sees 10GB, but will not allow me to download any maps. Also in the "Settings" screen I get a blank page - anyone got HERE working ?
4. Google Play Services and Google Play Store both crashes way more than acceptable
Thanks for the instruction document
Hi FlamingHomer, here are the answers to your questions:
1. Itís not possible use both microSD slots for playing SD card music. The GPS slot is only usded for inserting GPS SD card.
2. Itís actually depended on the APP feature itself. If it doesnít allow you to choose the storage path, you can only download the music to the internal storage. You can move the music files through file management of our unit, or just like David said, try with an updated Google Music APP edition.
3. You can try to reinstall the HERE map to have a try, if the problem still exists, you can send a video to [email protected]
, we will help you check further.
4. About the crash, we can provide you a software to update, will send you later by PM.
Hope it helps!
After a couple more days with the unit I'm reporting back with some more findings/solutions
Bluetooth issue, Amazon sells bluetooth adapters that you can plug straight into the aux input on your car. You can use that for bluetooth audio streaming and use the "AVIN" app on the unit to stream wireless music, I'd only use this if you're getting a really static sound via via the stock bluetooth like I have. I say only use because as far I know, you lose the bluetooth calling capability unless you get one with an external mic.
Slow Unit Issue: I've tried various things to try and speed up the unit because it is quite slow with loading apps, slower than others units I've seen reviewed on youtube. So far, using a 3 party launcher (Nova launcher for me), AND updating to the newest eonon ROM, has solved all the crashing issues I was facing, but apps still launch really slow. Confused by this, I downloaded a monitoring app, and the results show that when the unit starts and no apps have been open yet, that the CPU usage idles at 70-75% just doing nothing. Opening ANY app will immediately jump it up to 95-100% CPU usage which will in turn result in stuttering, and slow launches. Ram usage is good though, usually uses 30-50% ram, so the issue with the loading speed, and generally slow UI appears to be the CPU.
Questions to EONON is the CPU suppose to be idling at 70%? seems to be a little high, and is only leaving 25-30% available for apps. Perhaps its the amount of start up apps, I don't see a place where we can modify which apps start and which ones dont, and which ones have background usage.
Also any updates on the screen brightness issue?
Overall I do recommend using the upgraded ROM eonon has been offering as it improves the stability of apps and reduces the amounts of crashes. I've had the update for 2 days now, and have had no crashes.
PS. This unit looks sexy in my mazda.
Hi davidgotmilk, glad to hear the Eonon GA6163F makes your car sexy!
The Monitor APP itself may affects the unit speed itself. So please try to uninstall the Monitor APP, if it's still the same, please take a picture or video to show the percentage then, you can send to [email protected]
And it's not possible to modify which apps start and which ones donít, and which ones have background usage. Our unit is designed in this way. But you can check if the APPs themselves have such settings or not.
About the brightness issue, we're still working hard on it. The software is not available yet. If there's any news on it, I'll inform you guys soon, thanks!