Upgraded Rear Motor Mount - Page 2 - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:50 PM
Moped Rider
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New York (Not the City)
Posts: 31
I'm actually in the process of doing this upgrade myself I have heard nothing but great things about it.
I am under the impression though cheaper, and the part looks identical that it is not recommended, or a good move to get the generic version.
This upgrade works best with useing OEM I have done my research from countless forums, blogs, and been in communication with a few people who actually have done the upgrade and they all have that one thing in common.
Generic do not hold up very well, and you will be replacing the mount sooner than later ruining this fantastic upgrade over saving a few dollars.
The upgrade cost under 100 dollars.
The installation seems pretty straight forward that anyone can do it if they have a jack.
You will need two different size bolts one goes horizontal the other one goes vertical.
Below I have posted part numbers for all the parts needed for this upgrade.
Best of luck with this upgrade.

Part numbers
Rear Engine Mount - CM5Z-6068-A
Vertical Bolt (Up/Down) - W716238S442
Horizontal (Left/Right - W500545S900

OEM Rmm will cost you at most 65.00
The two bolts will cost about 5 to 10 dollars each.

Last edited by MazdaNoob89; 05-03-2019 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Mis spelled a word
MazdaNoob89 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Moped Rider
 
IDRIDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaNoob89 View Post
I'm actually in the process of doing this upgrade myself I have heard nothing but great things about it.
I am under the impression though cheaper, and the part looks identical that it is not recommended, or a good move to get the generic version.
This upgrade works best with useing OEM I have done my research from countless forums, blogs, and been in communication with a few people who actually have done the upgrade and they all have that one thing in common.
Generic do not hold up very well, and you will be replacing the mount sooner than later ruining this fantastic upgrade over saving a few dollars.
The upgrade cost under 100 dollars.
The installation seems pretty straight forward that anyone can do it if they have a jack.
You will need two different size bolts one goes horizontal the other one goes vertical.
Below I have posted part numbers for all the parts needed for this upgrade.
Best of luck with this upgrade.

Part numbers
Rear Engine Mount - CM5Z-6068-A
Vertical Bolt (Up/Down) - W716238S442
Horizontal (Left/Right - W500545S900

OEM Rmm will cost you at most 65.00
The two bolts will cost about 5 to 10 dollars each.



I'm feeling dense here and am not understanding what you are suggesting to do as good versus bad?
Is the ford electric mount from the OP the one to use? Please clarify.


Also, does this apply to the '09 Mazdaspeed 3 GT?

2009 Speed3 GT
IDRIDR is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 10:46 PM
F1 Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,669
For a Speed 3 you should go with an aftermarket mount rather than the E focus mount due to having more power/ torque than the NA 3.
IDRIDR likes this.
itstillruns is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Moped Rider
 
IDRIDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by itstillruns View Post
For a Speed 3 you should go with an aftermarket mount rather than the E focus mount due to having more power/ torque than the NA 3.



Good, thank you.

2009 Speed3 GT
IDRIDR is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:50 PM
Moped Rider
 
Mazda3_Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 25
Garage
I have 2004 2.3 hatchback Mazda 3. After having so many bad rear engine mounts, and reading some threads here, I just pull the trigger and replaced it with Ford Focus Electric rear mount. I couldn't believe that it will fit perfectly!!!
Shifting is much smother. It does not vibrate like an after-market rear mount. It feel much better.
But at the same time I think the OEM part (not the after market part) from Mazda is a little more performance feel into it compared to the electric focus rear mount. Just my feeling. But I am much happier now. Cheers!!!

2004 MAZDA 3 S
Mazda3_Grey is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Short Track Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 143
i installed mount on my 2005 3 hb and vibration increased, retorque bolts to 50 pounds and still vibrates only at stops on drive, once you take off its very smooth.
elsosa2007 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Moped Rider
 
Mazda3_Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 25
Garage
I had slight vibration, same as you, when I had after market Mazda part. But with the Focus Electric rear mount I am happy.

2004 MAZDA 3 S

Last edited by Mazda3_Grey; 07-09-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Mazda3_Grey is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Moped Rider
 
Mazda3_Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 25
Garage
I red somewhere that someone had a rear mount replaced and had to change a passenger mount after that, shortly. I ran into same thing. After I put the Focus electric mount, I had a bad pasenger mount 1 month later.

2004 MAZDA 3 S
Mazda3_Grey is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 12:21 AM
Moped Rider
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblooms View Post
I just installed a Ford Focus Electric rear engine mount. YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE!

When my original failed at about 120,000 miles, I put a 70 durometer AWR in it's place. Buzzy as hell, but I lived with it, because the shifts were so much better.

Fast forward 6 years, I'm at 211k now, and I read about the Focus Electric mount. Rockauto had them for $19, so I thought Why the hell not?

OH. MY. GOD. It's night and day! It's the best of both worlds! You get the positive shifts of the AWR, but the good ride, comfort, and low noise of the stock unit!

AWR and Corksport are finished in the rear motor mount game! This is where it's at!

I ordered the Westar EM-4110 which is the generic replacement for Ford PN CM5Z6068A. You'll also need the correct Ford bolt, part number W500545S900.

Would this work on a 2007 2.3L?
johngodsmith is offline  
post #20 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 12:22 AM
Moped Rider
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda3_Grey View Post
I red somewhere that someone had a rear mount replaced and had to change a passenger mount after that, shortly. I ran into same thing. After I put the Focus electric mount, I had a bad pasenger mount 1 month later.

Which passenger mount did you end up going with?
johngodsmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Powertrain 2004-2009 Mazda3

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recommendations for Rear Shocks & Spring Coils cadsouza_Mazda3 Suspension / Brakes 3 01-18-2019 06:23 PM
Corksport Rear End Sway Bar Design Flaw [email protected] Mazda3 (Axela) 6 09-10-2018 12:31 AM
Rear inner Tire wearing mattg Suspension / Brakes 13 03-29-2018 08:17 AM
2013 Skyactiv Rear Clunking Noise Greenland Suspension / Brakes 3 03-06-2018 08:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
8