Mazda3revolution.com filled with bad attitude ppl - Page 2 - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Grand Am Series
 
calgarymazda3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scypheroth View Post
just coming over from mazda3revolution and making this place my new home. The ppl that are regulars on the revolution forums are very rude and troll like on there forums. They snap on new posters. I asked simple questions and said i did do a search first and ppl started snapping on me for no good reason.

I for one do not recommend there site and do not encourage others and new mazda 3 owners to join them....not until there attitude changes towards new members. One of there forums members was even defending me stating that "your snapping at new members is whats chasing away new ppl off this forum."

Just saying....that was my experience with them.


LOL, I have my moments!! Unintentionally harsh at times...


On another forum I'm on, there is a old grouchy guy that really knows his stuff... His signature is:

"My job is to teach your ass, not to kiss it."

LOL, sometimes I should also have that signature..

2009 Mazda3 GT Hatchback. Sadly sold..
2.3L/ 5 speed auto.
White with black interior.
calgarymazda3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:23 AM
F1 Driver
 
philrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthR8er* View Post
And don't get me started with members that have the audacity to drive and post pictures of their 3's with a baby seat in the back.. Good Lord!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hey man, that hits a little close to home. My daughter loves riding around in my car.

2007 Phantom Purple hatch; JBR RMM/busihgs/shifter plate, Koni STR.t's, Michelin Pilot AS3's, Spin on oil filter conversion, stubby antenna, Kenwood KDC-X997 hu + Sundown Audio SA12 + Infinity speakers + JL 320.4 amp, debadged and door edge guards removed, Lamin-X + indy fog mod, aluminum AC knobs, DIY SRI, TRS 5000K HIDs, more coming.
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Newb Thread: please read this!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philrab is offline  
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Le Mans: Prototype Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 1,690
every forum has a few bad apples. Don't let them ruin your experience

And yeah, I've got a car seat in the back of my 3 as well !!

work to live

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tonyzoomzoom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 02:38 AM
Le Mans: GT Class
 
DarthR8er*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 652
As long as you guys don't have your 3's riced out, you guys are OK in my book.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
DarthR8er* is offline  
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 03:41 AM
Moped Rider
 
adam728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthR8er* View Post
And don't get me started with members that have the audacity to drive and post pictures of their 3's with a baby seat in the back.. Good Lord!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have 2 baby seats in the back, so they cancel each other out.


Isn't funny how a forum as a whole can develop and attitude, or personality even? In my experience usually if an automotive forum as a whole is burning people at the stake it's for one of two reasons

1. The forum is full of 14-20 year olds that know everything.

2. The forum in general is levels above what the user is asking. Like don't go on Pirate4x4 and ask how to change your brake pads, they'll eat you. That's an off road fabrication forum where guys commonly build entire trucks from scratch, literally frames, cages, and even axles.

#1 is the far more common case.

Sent via morse code

2008 Mazda3 S
adam728 is offline  
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 AM
F1 Driver
 
philrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam728 View Post
1. The forum is full of 14-20 year olds that know everything.

2. The forum in general is levels above what the user is asking. Like don't go on Pirate4x4 and ask how to change your brake pads, they'll eat you. That's an off road fabrication forum where guys commonly build entire trucks from scratch, literally frames, cages, and even axles.

#1 is the far more common case.

Sent via morse code
See, I could actually excuse the latter reason, but I try not to be a dick unless it was like a few weeks ago. Had a new user log on, ask a question, it was just a search away, but I was still gentle. Then, literally two days later another newb asked the same question. I was less gentle.

The next day a THIRD newb asked the same question. I replied with a single word; "SEARCH", and refused to go any further. It just gets to the point that it's obvious the guy is either a troll, a dipshit, or lazy.

2007 Phantom Purple hatch; JBR RMM/busihgs/shifter plate, Koni STR.t's, Michelin Pilot AS3's, Spin on oil filter conversion, stubby antenna, Kenwood KDC-X997 hu + Sundown Audio SA12 + Infinity speakers + JL 320.4 amp, debadged and door edge guards removed, Lamin-X + indy fog mod, aluminum AC knobs, DIY SRI, TRS 5000K HIDs, more coming.
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Newb Thread: please read this!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philrab is offline  
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Moderator
 
Cab0oze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 6,351
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthR8er* View Post
And don't get me started with members that have the audacity to drive and post pictures of their 3's with a baby seat in the back.. Good Lord!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
lol what?

I don't have kids, but if I ever do have kids I sure as hell would be putting a baby seat in the back of my speed (or whatever car I have at the time). I wouldn't be caught dead in a minivan.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cab0oze is offline  
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Moped Rider
 
adam728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by philrab View Post
See, I could actually excuse the latter reason, but I try not to be a dick unless it was like a few weeks ago. Had a new user log on, ask a question, it was just a search away, but I was still gentle. Then, literally two days later another newb asked the same question. I was less gentle.

The next day a THIRD newb asked the same question. I replied with a single word; "SEARCH", and refused to go any further. It just gets to the point that it's obvious the guy is either a troll, a dipshit, or lazy.
It's worse when a newbie asks the same question in 3 different forums, or doesn't like the answers he's getting and asks the same question over and over again in new threads a few days apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0oze View Post
I don't have kids, but if I ever do have kids I sure as hell would be putting a baby seat in the back of my speed (or whatever car I have at the time). I wouldn't be caught dead in a minivan.
Minivans are just so damn practical and tough to beat, if you can get over worrying about the whole "image" thing. And since everyone hates minivans and loves SUV's they are dirt cheap if shopping used. You can litterally find minivans for 1/2-1/4 the price of a simular year/mileage SUV/crossover in some cases. More money for other cars/hobbies. Not that you'll have any money or time for hobbies with kids around.

Anymore I look at SUV's and crossovers as the lame soccer-mom mobiles, because they are the ones that care more about image than practicality.

PS - My wife hates our Astro van.

2008 Mazda3 S

Last edited by adam728; 04-16-2014 at 08:56 AM.
adam728 is offline  
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 AM
F1 Driver
 
philrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam728 View Post
It's worse when a newbie asks the same question in 3 different forums, or doesn't like the answers he's getting and asks the same question over and over again in new threads a few days apart.


Minivans are just so damn practical and tough to beat, if you can get over worrying about the whole "image" thing. And since everyone hates minivans and loves SUV's they are dirt cheap if shopping used. You can litterally find minivans for 1/2-1/4 the price of a simular year/mileage SUV/crossover in some cases. More money for other cars/hobbies. Not that you'll have any money or time for hobbies with kids around.

Anymore I look at SUV's and crossovers as the lame soccer-mom mobiles, because they are the ones that care more about image than practicality.

PS - My wife hates our Astro van.
The last time my wife brought up buying a minivan, these were the stipulations I placed on it's purchase.

1. I get to put an audio system in it. Full crazy subs, amps, component sets.

2. I do the interior up, VIP style. Leather, curtains, trays, ect.

3. I get the bag the shit out of it. Air ride, and nice wheels.

If I'm going to pull up to school to pick up my kid in a minivan one day, I'm going to be THAT dad that makes anything look cool.

PS - I hate SUV's with a passion. Unless you're driving across Africa, there's just no freaking reason. If you need to haul that much stuff, what's wrong with a station wagon, or a minivan?

2007 Phantom Purple hatch; JBR RMM/busihgs/shifter plate, Koni STR.t's, Michelin Pilot AS3's, Spin on oil filter conversion, stubby antenna, Kenwood KDC-X997 hu + Sundown Audio SA12 + Infinity speakers + JL 320.4 amp, debadged and door edge guards removed, Lamin-X + indy fog mod, aluminum AC knobs, DIY SRI, TRS 5000K HIDs, more coming.
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Newb Thread: please read this!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philrab is offline  
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Moped Rider
 
adam728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by philrab View Post
The last time my wife brought up buying a minivan, these were the stipulations I placed on it's purchase.

1. I get to put an audio system in it. Full crazy subs, amps, component sets.

2. I do the interior up, VIP style. Leather, curtains, trays, ect.

3. I get the bag the shit out of it. Air ride, and nice wheels.

If I'm going to pull up to school to pick up my kid in a minivan one day, I'm going to be THAT dad that makes anything look cool.

PS - I hate SUV's with a passion. Unless you're driving across Africa, there's just no freaking reason. If you need to haul that much stuff, what's wrong with a station wagon, or a minivan?
See, different strokes...
I could care less about looking cool. If anything I want to pull up at my kid's school in an Uncle Buck car, smoke pouring out and the reliable backfire after dieseling down for a while.

2008 Mazda3 S
adam728 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Mazda3 General Discussion > Consumer Reviews

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitrogen Filled Vs. Regular Air Filled Tires Midnight_Speeder Wheels / Tires 53 02-02-2010 07:40 PM
At the request of the moderators at mazda3revolution.com, i am posting this: ally Lounge 16 02-05-2008 12:30 AM
Gangster Attitude? dopeman. Lounge 33 03-02-2006 01:31 PM
my car has a nose high attitude..... eurotuner Suspension / Brakes 2 02-10-2006 02:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
8