SRI mods - Page 2 - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Moped Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: California Bay Area
Posts: 42
Where in California are you? I live in the bay area and they've always been annoyong about mods. I had a 20 minute with a smog tech about mods and before testing he said, "but if you don't have any carb stickers, I can't pass you."
dudeskee1325 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 01:41 PM
Le Mans: GT Class
 
DarthR8er*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeskee1325 View Post
Where in California are you? I live in the bay area and they've always been annoyong about mods. I had a 20 minute with a smog tech about mods and before testing he said, "but if you don't have any carb stickers, I can't pass you."
I'm in the Los Angeles area. All the smog stations I've been to haven't told me anything about mods. They just run the smog test on your vehicle and tell you if it passes or not. They're not smog-cops trying to bust your balls.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DarthR8er* is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Moped Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: California Bay Area
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthR8er* View Post
I'm in the Los Angeles area. All the smog stations I've been to haven't told me anything about mods. They just run the smog test on your vehicle and tell you if it passes or not. They're not smog-cops trying to bust your balls.
They're literal nazis here, but I've heard good things about the takeda sri anyway. I emailed hps and asked if I could get their heat shield and see if it'll fit on the takeda sri. If not, I was already thinking of a trash can heat shield beast.
dudeskee1325 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Le Mans: GT Class
 
DarthR8er*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeskee1325 View Post
They're literal nazis here, but I've heard good things about the takeda sri anyway. I emailed hps and asked if I could get their heat shield and see if it'll fit on the takeda sri. If not, I was already thinking of a trash can heat shield beast.
Corksport also has a good quality SRI for our 3's. With the Corksport sri you won't need a heat shield because the filter sits up higher away from the engine bay compared to the HPS.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DarthR8er* is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Le Mans: GT Class
 
DarthR8er*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 652
Here's a comparison...

HPS




Corksport



Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DarthR8er* is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Moped Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: California Bay Area
Posts: 42
Yea I originally wanted corksport but no carb. It looks really good though, thanks. I honestly feel like I'll go for it but as soon as I smog I'll get an instant fail.
dudeskee1325 is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:50 PM
Le Mans: Prototype Class
 
madmatt2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeskee1325 View Post
Yea I originally wanted corksport but no carb. It looks really good though, thanks. I honestly feel like I'll go for it but as soon as I smog I'll get an instant fail.
:Sigh: This is why you swap your stock parts back on when you go to smog and then swap back after its over like everyone else does! K&N and Injen both make an intake that is CARB compliant for the 3 with Injen covering the largest range of model years. Both can be run as a cold air or short ram intake.

Last edited by madmatt2024; 03-01-2017 at 08:47 PM.
madmatt2024 is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Moped Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: California Bay Area
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmatt2024 View Post
:Sigh: This is why you swap your stock parts back on when to go smog and then swap back after its over like everyone else does! K&N and Injen both make an intake that is CARB compliant for the 3 with Injen covering the largest range of model years. Both can be run as a cold air or short ram intake.
You're right, I just gotta stop being lazy hahaha. I might go with the injen one
dudeskee1325 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Powertrain 2004-2009 Mazda3 > Modifications

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What easy mods can I do for cheap? buzz34 Modifications - FAQ's, How-To's 1 12-02-2016 09:57 AM
2007 Mazda 3 Mods bycolin Introductions 0 08-24-2016 11:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
8