Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Asking for price feedback, please - 2017 Hatch GT Manual
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Mazda3Rookie
Go-Kart Driver

Hi folks, just came back from the dealer after having signed all the papers. Final price out of the door: $23,772.50 including Massachusetts 6.25% sales tax. That takes into account the meager $500 they gave me to trade in my old 3.

I could have tried to sell it, but it got serious rust on the rear wheel arches, both side, and some is starting to show also on the front hood, just to the left of the grille.

Any potential buyer would have used that as a leverage to nag on the price (I would do the same :-)), I decided it was not worth the aggravation. The only thing that annoys me more then buying a car is selling one...

If my son had already a license I would have kept it for him (he is 14). My daughters and wife do not drive manual cars and we already have a 2006 Hyundai Elantra we purchased used three years ago for the daughters.

On the plus side, I talked the sales guy into throwing in for free the original all-weather floor mats, $150 list price. Definitely NOT worth that much, but they actually are pretty sturdy and look very cool. The next best thing would have been the custom-made Weather Tech mats, and those are not cheap either.

With the crappy New England weather I would have got some kind of heavy duty mats anyway, at least those won't spoil the overall look of the car.

I am going to pick it up this Saturday, the dealer had to do some serious search to find it, but it is coming. I already have the VIN and everything.

Sooo, and the end , this is what I am getting:

2017 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatch
Manual
Red Soul Metallic
Black leather
Premium Equipment Package

Life is Too Short to Drive a Boring Car
2017 Soul Red Mazda3 GT HB, Manual​, Prem Equip Pkg

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome