New ECU tuning is now a Here! - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
dynotronics1
Le Mans: GT Class

Default New ECU tuning is now a Here!

Ok, beta testing is over! We are here to announce that remote, custom ECU tuning for your car is now a reality!

We have our new software avaliable for download, and the hardware cables that will interface with your car thru the obd port. You will be able to read and write, as well as datalog your car.

Cost for this service is very reasonable at 450.00 for your very own, custom written file. All files are written to take into account your mods, your fuel, your diving habits, and even your region of the world! All files come with a lifetime update! You change something, simply re datalog following the instuctions included, then send the data and a list of your mods, and we will adjust your file for free!

Gains, which is the most asked question, will vary dependant on your car, but we have seen as much as 20 to the wheels on the later 2.3s with full exhaust, and cai.

And yes we can turn off those pesky CELs, however this is for off road cars only.

We also offer a 100% money back guarantee! If your not impressed with what we can do, simply allow us to restrock your ecu( removing all traces of the tuning), and return your hardware.

This offer is for 2004-2009 2.0 and 2.3 cars. the 2010up stuff is in the mill, and should be out shortly.

Please let me know if you have questions.

forward all logs to: support@fileservice.zendesk.com

Last edited by XCNuse; 12-07-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: updated new email
dynotronics1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
XCNuse
Administrator

Is the OBD required to always be in place even after a rewrite? I assume no but just want to confirm as I watch my vitals through the OBD.
Also, seeing that our ECU is still only flashed; how long will it "hold" this tune?
I noticed the hypertech requires a "re-tune" every month or so otherwise the ECU will begin to attack what it's trying to do.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
CalgaryMazda3
Grand Am Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCNuse View Post
Is the OBD required to always be in place even after a rewrite? I assume no but just want to confirm as I watch my vitals through the OBD.
Also, seeing that our ECU is still only flashed; how long will it "hold" this tune?
I noticed the hypertech requires a "re-tune" every month or so otherwise the ECU will begin to attack what it's trying to do.

Flashing a vehicle's ECM is not unlike flashing a PC, laptop or cell phone.

The cable to the USB port or the OBDII port does not need to stay connected after the flashing is done. Unless you are datalogging.

The firmware or bios is written into EEprom (static RAM). It will not be lost or erased if you disconnect the battery from your car or cell phone.

Your Hypertech comment makes no sense. The ECU or your laptop or your cell phone will not "attack" the new firmware.

Just like flashing your laptop, cell phone or car, always have the device plugged into an AC adapter or a battery charger connected while flashing.
CalgaryMazda3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
dynotronics1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryMazda3 View Post
Flashing a vehicle's ECM is not unlike flashing a PC, laptop or cell phone.

The cable to the USB port or the OBDII port does not need to stay connected after the flashing is done. Unless you are datalogging.

The firmware or bios is written into EEprom (static RAM). It will not be lost or erased if you disconnect the battery from your car or cell phone.

Your Hypertech comment makes no sense. The ECU or your laptop or your cell phone will not "attack" the new firmware.

Just like flashing your laptop, cell phone or car, always have the device plugged into an AC adapter or a battery charger connected while flashing.

You are quite correct! The file is written in the ROM section of the processor, and is non volatile, and can only be erased or overwritten using CAN, or serial interface. So there is no need to worry about the "flash" drifting, or going away after its done. This is the same exact way the factory loads new files into your car when you need undates.

Now, that said, there is some truth to what Nuse says; the hypertech system was a bit slight on the tables it could, or would adjust. So given enough time, it would seem that your tuning was"off"

Thats not an issue here, because we don't adjust the tables thru the backdoor like they were doing. We simply tell the ecu what it is we want it to do, using the proper advance,open and closed loop fueling, cam timing, and throttle tables( and quite a few more), so there is no need to hook up and re reflash your ecu.

And, no, once you write the file, there is no need to have the cable hooked up, unless you wish to datalog to see where you are
Old 04-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
arsprod
Grand Am Series

What about taking car to dealer or mechanics? Again using hypertech as the example, they say to set the ecu back to stock beforehand.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
dynotronics1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsprod View Post
What about taking car to dealer or mechanics? Again using hypertech as the example, they say to set the ecu back to stock beforehand.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
well, if you own a cable, its a simple as plugging the laptop back in and loading a file.

BTW, not to tweak this too much, but you should see what the 2.3 does on e85 with tuning......
Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
okellyr

Send a message via MSN to okellyr

Do you support boosted applications on the mz3?

BOOSTED

http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=400303
okellyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
ysaliens
Grand Am Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynotronics1 View Post
well, if you own a cable, its a simple as plugging the laptop back in and loading a file.

BTW, not to tweak this too much, but you should see what the 2.3 does on e85 with tuning......
Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested in possibly converting my 2.0 to run on E85. My state recently passed "tax breaks" which give you rebates if you convert a car to E85 and also exempt it from emissions for life. Hence if you are saying that tuning a Mazda 3 on E85 would also have give more than 10whp in gains, I will really start considering.

Also am I correct to understand that if I purchase it, try it, and see no gains or no difference in my driving, I can get a full refund from you after removing it and returning the stock ECU firmware? Are there any tricks or details to it?

Last edited by ysaliens; 04-18-2013 at 06:14 PM.
ysaliens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
dynotronics1

Quote:
Originally Posted by okellyr View Post
Do you support boosted applications on the mz3?
yes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
chexmix78
Moped Rider

this sounds really cool. there aren't many options for the 2.0 crowds. def. interested.
chexmix78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Sponsors > Dynotronics