Eonon D5151 Review/Q&A - Page 42 - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #411
alejandr0
Moped Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazee View Post
Post a pic!!!
It's on the reviews!... 1st page.
alejandr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #412
EononCarDVD
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob343 View Post
Can the rear usb be used as an input? If so can you have something in both the front and rear at the same time?
Hi silentbob343, only the front USB port can be used as input, hope you can understand, thanks! The rear USB is for 3G support of Chinese, not useful for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob343 View Post
Krazee pm me yoir adress and ill send you the aux adapter. I have an 05 so it is useless to me.
Thanks a lot for your kindness silentbob343!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronosblade View Post
Hello everyone.I'm having problems with my radio skipping stations also. It is unusable right now and aside from that i love the unit itself and everything else works. Is there a fix for the radio problem? I would appreciate any help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiswho View Post
Under settings- then system, scroll ALL The way to the bottom. there's a radio frequency setting. try changing it to US, or whatever country youre in. Thats what fixed mine! Has anyone had any luck connecting their iPhone 5 to the iPod interface? With the 30pin adapter of course? Mine charges, but wont play there. Also, where has everyone been placing their GPS antennas? Im wondering if there's a better place than under the dash?
Hi Chronosblade, please kindly try thiswho’s advice and set the country correctly.
If it still can’t work, please kindly PM me your Order No. And Email, I’ll send the upgrade file to you later by Email, thanks!

Thiswho, thanks a lot for sharing your tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrab View Post
EononCarDVD, do you have any response to my issues regarding bluetooth and the unit being unable to sync my contacts/phone book? The prescribed advice to remove any contact groups (which I admittedly had before) has failed to remedy the problem. Specifically, the unit DOES see and displays my recent calls, and can make and receive calls without fail, but CAN NOT view my phonebook contacts. How many other reports have you had of a similar problem, and is there any software update in the future that may correct this. My cell phone is an iPhone 5 if that helps for troubleshooting purposes. Update: After a little web searching, it appears there is a rash of iPhone 5 users complaining about difficulty and problems getting Bluetooth to cooperate with hands-free car head units factory and aftermarket. This problem may be limited to iPhone 5 useres, but I think Eonon would do well to remember that as more of their customers upgrade to the newer phone, they will encounter this problem and be understandably frustrated if they feel as though there isn't an update/fix for the problem forthcoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philrab View Post
http://www.macworld.com/article/2028402/bugs-and-fixes-iphone-fails-to-pair-to-bluetooth-device.html I just read through this post, and will attempt the remedy recommended. It also notes that the iPhone 5 uses the newest version of Bluetooth firmware (v 4.0). This could be part of the reason we are seeing difficulty retrieving contacts from our phones through the head unit. Sounds like Eonon needs to issue an update to fix the compatibility issue with the new Bluetooth firmware version. hint hint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3n13d View Post
I just tested the IPhone 5 on my unit and contacts are not working. My iPhone 4S however works perfectly. My fiancť has had ongoing problems with the factory Bluetooth in her cx-5 and her iphone 5. Seems like atleast some of the issue is on apples end?
Hi philrab, thanks for your advice. I’ve reflected your issue to our R&D, but since it’s the iphone 5 bug itself, and there's no one owning an iphone 5 in our side currently. It will take time for us to check. Once we have any news, I’ll inform you guys, thanks!

Check our Upgraded D5151 Mazda 3 Car DVD GPS, D5163 Mazda 3 2010+ Car GPS which with more powerful ARM processor, more beautiful UI, and even stronger functions!

Hurry up to get it soon to avoid the shortage! Since it's sold crazily everyday!

Check the awesome group buy record and D5151 Reviews from members here!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #413
philrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi philrab, thanks for your advice. Iíve reflected your issue to our R&D, but since itís the iphone 5 bug itself, and it's hard to find an iphone 5 in our side currently. It will take time for us to check. Once we have any news, Iíll inform you guys, thanks!
I understand. I don't know if its an iphone 5 bug, or the new Bluetooth firmware not agreeing with the firmware your unit uses. In any case, if I find anything else pertinent I'll repost it here, and I appreciate you taking a look at it.

If it helps, I'd happily be your guinea pig for updates to fix this issue, and since I drive 90 miles a day to and from work, I spend a lot of time enjoying my D5151.
2007 Phantom Purple hatch; JBR RMM/busihgs/shifter plate, Koni STR.t's, Michelin Pilot AS3's, Spin on oil filter conversion, stubby antenna, Kenwood KDC-X997 hu + Sundown Audio SA12 + Infinity speakers + JL 320.4 amp, debadged and door edge guards removed, Lamin-X + indy fog mod, aluminum AC knobs, DIY SRI, TRS 5000K HIDs, more coming.
Build Thread: http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=461273

Newb Thread: please read this!!!http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=514330
philrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #414
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabytes View Post
Installed my Eonon d5151 and everything is working fine minue the ipod connection. Was working fine at first but all of a sudden started to get static sound coming thru the speakers. Tried my iphone/ipod and same issue. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabytes View Post
Eonon. Where can i get a new IPOD cable for my D5151? Whenever i play audio thru my IPOD the speakers on the left side sound like they are broken. (lots of static sound) this only happens with the ipod playing. Cd and all audio functions are fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc.camel View Post
i have the same problem as gigabytes, but mines the right hand side. i asked earlier about a new cable but eonon have yet to respond! please help!!! the ipod interface was the main reason i bought the unit.on a side note an engineer friend said it doesn't sound like a 'bad connection' or 'bad cable' it sounds like the pre amplifier is broken. do i need return for a new unit?i can take a recording if need be.
Hi gigabytes & gc.camel, have you connected the D5151 to external amplifier or use the build-in amp to connect to the speakers?
And could you guys take a video for this issue so that our tech will know it clearly, and help you check further, thanks!

You can send an Email with Order No. and video to eonon.com@sbo2.net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmitche View Post
Got my D5151 installed last night. I'm impressed.

Ever since I rented a car that had bluetooth integration, I've been eyeing up either a new car or a new head unit. Obviously, head unit is cheaper and I still love my 06 Mazda3 after 120k miles anyway.

I ordered on this past Friday. Shipped Friday night, Fedex originally said delivery date of 4/17.. and it made it a day earlier so I would have had it faster if I had been home. Picked it up from Fedex yesterday and put it in last night. Freakishly fast, considering it came from halfway around the world.
The install was painless - taking my time took maybe 30 minutes. I've had the radio out before, so I knew how to remove the trim and such. I ran an aux line for my Sirius radio and a video line for a backup camera.. but only through the dash to the floor - running that cable back to the rear probably will take as much or more time than the head unit.

The good:

-The feature list is impressive and gives me more than I wanted. Most things work as you think they should.

-Given that this is an aftermarket radio, I'm pretty stoked about the build quality and fit and finish. Not perfect, but very good.

-Interface is well styled, smooth and responsive

-I'm not a serious audiophile, and my speakers are old.. but the sound is good, at least as good as stock.

-CANBUS integration is slick - it can detect brake for video screen enabling/disabling, headlights for auto dimming, reverse for camera. Small LCD works (sorry 04-05 guys)

-Steering wheel controls worked right out of the box. Fuel computer still fully functional.

-Insanely fast shipping

-Overall, just a generally impressive upgrade. Showed it to another guy at work this morning who has a Mazda3 and I'd be surprised if he doesn't order one soon.

The less than great:

Every good piece of electronics could be better in certain ways, and this is no exception.

-Bluetooth audio - A2DP works well, but it's hidden in the Bluetooth menu. Isn't one of the selections when cycling through MODE. Doesn't show on small LCD screen - the previously used function does, including DVD time remaining on the display. I've even seen the DVD time keep incrementing while A2DP is playing a couple of times during my tests.

-AUX audio - I have my satellite radio hooked up through the rear aux inputs. Obviously, there's no video input with this feed. When I select AUX, it plays the sound, but displays a big no connection/device image in the middle of the screen. Would be nice to have an option to specify whether the AUX-in has video or not.

-Ground loop isolation - Not so much a problem with the radio, but for anyone who's planning on doing something like feeding sat radio in through the AUX, there is pretty significant interference playing a car battery powered device through AUX. Plan on buying a ground loop isolator (they're cheap.. just letting you know you'll probably need one).

-Touch screen settings - in settings, the touch screen option brings up a calibration screen of sorts, but once in there, I couldn't figure how to exit and it hung the unit. Had to pull the battery to reset it (of course, I didn't see the reset pinhole because I was working in the dimly lit car last night.. that probably would have done it). Not ready to call this a defect as it may have been user error.. What is the calibration screen supposed to do? I move the x along to the 5 spots.. and then ?

-Screen brightness - if I had to pick one thing I didn't like, this is it. Screen looks fantastic at night. Meh during the day. If I'm in the shade, it looks good. Sunlight is a problem. If it was a new factory $2k option, I'd be ticked off. For $250, it's okay. Glare is definitely an issue.

The not good.. I am having some of the problems others have had:

-Radio tuner seems to be quirky. I've had it jump frequency on me a few times. Sometimes when I change frequencies, it will tune to the new station but continue to display the old staion on both the main and small LCD screens. I have set the region to US as well - it was totally wonky before doing that. Something is also off with the slider bar - if I use my finger to slide to a frequency, it wants to sync at even decimal freqs (such as 100.2). Tuning at that point will move by .2 as expected but stays on the even decimals - US frequencies use odd decimals for peak freq, so nothing tunes in clearly. You have to reset it by going to a preset to get back to the odd decimals.

-Phone contacts/call log - Bluetooth connectivity is good and pairing/connections are fast. As I mentioned above, A2DP works well, but I can't get my phone contacts or call logs to sync. I've tried multiple times and reset connections, but still nothing. D5151 always initiates the request, phone prompts everytime and I grant access, but still nothing syncs. My phone is a Galaxy SIII.. so there's just a few of them out there.

-Kudos nav settings - Nav settings don't save correctly. At first I thought they didn't save at all, but I set the units to english (miles) and it remembered that.. but seems to have forgotten my other settings (i.e. north up, auto day/night mode, etc). The reset of destination when restarting the car is a workable annoyance.. but it just stinks having to go through the settings each time.

Not sure yet:

I haven't tried the SD card or USB. Don't have an Ipod or TV tuner. Don't have TPMS but after seeing the interface in the user manual I want it simply because it's cool. Ran the camera lead but haven't connected it up. Before I turned it off in settings, it switched to the rear camera view pretty quickly when going into reverse.

I only have one tip. After installing, the bottom of my radio was about 3/32" proud from the A/C controls - not major and I could live with it (clips are installed correctly at the bottom). I noticed when I placed it in the dash that it pretty much lined up perfectly. The mounting/small LCD brackets are off just a bit and when I screwed them in, it caused the top to rotate in toward the dash.. and the bottom to rotate out. I'm going to back the screws out and use a couple small washers under the brackets as spacers and I'll bet that it'll line up just right.. or at least be less pronounced.

Questions:

-Can I display the clock on the main screen in Kudos nav? I didn't see an option for it and wonder if there's some dual purpose button on the screen (probably won't remember the setting anyway :P)

-My car has a standard radio lead that I plugged into the back of the unit. I'm guessing other years have the molex conector and need the adapter. Given that thing is partially connected via the blue wire (ground? common?) Could it be causing interference? What if the dongle grounds by touching the case or another ground? Can it (blue wire) just be snipped off?

-Has anyone tried a glare reducer/protector film on the screen? Any luck in improving daytime visibility?

-What is parking block (or something like that) in the settings?

Overall I'm happy and would do it again in an instant. I'm pleased enough that I'm going to order a standard double din unit (2103) for my other car. Hopefully I can get the software updates to fix the tuner issues and the BT phone issues.. ideally Eonon takes my BT audio/AUX suggestions and updates those in the software too
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfromhe View Post
The calibration screen you need to use s stylus for it to end... your finger doesn't give precise enough positioning for it to properly calibrate.

I was able to sync my Nexus 4 Jellybean 4.2.2 with no problems... I had to bring the option up in the notification shade manually and select to not prompt again for it to work though.

All M3's I've owned have the standard radio antenna jack.. I don't know why they have that adapter..
It's not connected to anything so I don't think it would matter if you snipped it but I don't think it's causing interference just being there...

That parking block setting stops you from using the DVD player if your parking break if not engaged... it's a "safety" feature.
Hi mbmitche, many thanks for your detailed and useful review, and glad to hear you like our unit a lot!

About your calibration and parking block please refer to guyfromhe’s answers, totally right.
And you don’t need to reset the destination, you can enter GOTO - Turn to next page - Recent Destination, there will be the history record for you. Just choose it is OK, quite easy.
About the radio station issue, please set the country correctly like thiswho mentioned in the setting. If you still have problem I can send you the upgrade files, thanks!

In your new version of Kudos map, the clock can’t be displayed on the main screen in Nav. But you can check the time from the main menu and your LCD screen.

Check our Upgraded D5151 Mazda 3 Car DVD GPS, D5163 Mazda 3 2010+ Car GPS which with more powerful ARM processor, more beautiful UI, and even stronger functions!

Hurry up to get it soon to avoid the shortage! Since it's sold crazily everyday!

Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #415
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by trella View Post
Arrived yesterday and immediately assembled .. I was impatient.
I do not know about you but I had to pay the customs fees .. it's okay that's okay.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The installation was very easy no problem.

Well the wires are so many but with a little patience to do things. First impressions are really good:
- No problem with the steering wheel controls and on-board computer, mine is a 1.6 diesel 2005 mazda Italian
- The sound is greatly improved compared to the stock unit
- The touch screen is fast enough
- The radio does not have problems with the stations
- The navigation system seems to be fine now I want to try to put igo
- I have a Galaxy Nexus was immediately connected. The phone book does not appear in alphabetical order why? Does not display the caller's name. The stereo does not find the music I now have to do a few tests before you are sure.
- I tried a usb pen with avi video file all ok.

Now we turn to the questions:
When you turn on the stereo you hear a beep. You can delete?
When you listen to music from the stereo mp3 disk is slow to load. I do not know if it's my impression.
Nell 'together are satisfied of' purchase. I will not dwell in opinions, because it is very difficult to write in English for me. I'll do a nice review on the forum mazda Italian. it's nice to write in their own language especially easy.

Eonon for us this second expedition two questions:
- What do I need this cable aux? For example, what can I connect?
- But we need some update for problems with cell phone, or other?
Hi trella, many thanks for your review and pics! Itís already a great job as an Italian friend to write such English review! Thumbs up! Look forward to your review in Italian mazda forum, donít forget to tell me the link of it then, thanks a lot!

About your questions:
- About the AUX cable, just connect the red/white port of AUX cable to the RCA AUX L/R IN port of the unit, and connect the white plug to the factory AUX plug in the center console is OK.
- What is your issue with cell phone bluetooth? Could you please explain more details? And what is your mobile phone model? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiswho View Post
How's everyone's radio reception? Mine has definitely suffered compared to stock. Other than that, everything is in pretty good working order.

Any tips for better reception?
Hi thiswho, you can do the follows for the radio reception issue:
1. Make sure the radio antenna is well connected, unplug it several times to have a try.
2. Choose the right radio region.
3. Turn off the LOC function.
4. Change to another FM antenna to have a try.
5. Add a radio signal booster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithasin View Post
I use navigation allot for work but the music lowers volume whenever I have the nav running, even though I have the mix off and mix setting turned all the way down. Is there anything I can do to remedy the volume issue. Also in direct sunlight screen washes out completely. Buying an anti glare screen protector from eBay, hopefully it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandr0 View Post
You would actually need to turn the mix "ON" and set the value to your liking.
Hi faithasin, pls try alejandr0's advice. And you can turn the volume up on both the main menu setting and GPS setting, adjust to the maximum to try, thanks!

Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #416
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfromhe View Post
I renamed the Wiki to include the D5151 in the title. I added a launch page for D5102 and D5151 to the Wiki so you can get links to a specific system without having to look through the navigation bar.I also added a link to this thread on the home page.You can access the D5151 specific section here: http://d5102.wikispaces.com/d5151launchOr by clicking the D5151 option at the top of the Nav bar.I also updated the FAQ and added a Troubleshooting section.
Hi guyfromhe, many thanks for your update again, itís another great problem you have made, totally work of art! Youíre our best fan ever! It will benefit millions of people!

Other guys, when you have any question about D5151, just refer to this useful wiki is OK, if you still canít find the answer, you can ask Eonon then. Thanks a lot!

Old 04-19-2013, 04:21 AM   #417
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmitche View Post
Got my D5151 installed last night. I'm impressed.

-Kudos nav settings - Nav settings don't save correctly. At first I thought they didn't save at all, but I set the units to english (miles) and it remembered that.. but seems to have forgotten my other settings (i.e. north up, auto day/night mode, etc). The reset of destination when restarting the car is a workable annoyance.. but it just stinks having to go through the settings each time.

Overall I'm happy and would do it again in an instant. I'm pleased enough that I'm going to order a standard double din unit (2103) for my other car. Hopefully I can get the software updates to fix the tuner issues and the BT phone issues.. ideally Eonon takes my BT audio/AUX suggestions and updates those in the software too
Hi mbmitche, I've asked our tech about the Kudos map function:
- For North up, you can enter map setting - Visual Options - Map Visual to set it.
- The day/night mode can also been saved. Just enter the Day/Night Mode setting, and turn it off, then it will be memorized.
Please have a try, thanks!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #418
Flexo
Moped Rider

How do we go about getting the Aux cable? I did not receive it with my unit, it was one of the first few shipped.
Flexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #419
alexlod
Moped Rider

I agree.^^ I wouldn't mind the AUX adapter either.
alexlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #420
miata gt
Short Track Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexo View Post
How do we go about getting the Aux cable? I did not receive it with my unit, it was one of the first few shipped.
According to the other thread, Melvin (EONON dude) stated it was not available. That strikes me as odd, unless there is something physically different about the newer units.

If not why not make a needed piece available as an add-on?

2005 Mazda3i 5spd
1999 Rotrex Supercharged Miata @ 14psi

To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
miata gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2004-2009 Electronics Discussion