2010 Mazda 3 Power Steering Connector - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
JoshMc
Bicycle Rider

Default 2010 Mazda 3 Power Steering Connector

Hello,

I need a replacement main power connector for my EHPAS. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks.

History if you like reading.
The power steering malfunction light came on and steering became difficult. The power steering would randomly come in and out sometimes it seemed to be related to goin over bumps. I took the car to the dealer and they said they disconnected the main power connector put dielectric grease on the pins and plugged it back in and the power steering started working. This seemed to be a bit of a cop out remedy but the power steering was indeed working so I let it go.

The power steering worked fine for about a week then it went out and did not come back in. I purchased the workshop manual and started researching the electrical diagrams.

I noticed the main power connector was wrapped in alot of tape. When I pushed down on the main power connecter the power steering would work. I disconnected the connector and removed the tape and found the pins had backed almost completly out of the connector. I took the car back ot the dealer and asked them for a replacement connector. Dealer states they can not just replace the connector they have to replace the entire wire harness.

Also the car was in an accident and the side of the car with the power steering pump was damaged. This same dealer did the repair work.
JoshMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Mazda3 General Discussion > Mazda3 (Axela)