Fuel filter on 2007 Mazda 3 - need to be replaced? - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
nonlinear
Moped Rider

Default Fuel filter on 2007 Mazda 3 - need to be replaced?

Hi,

Does anyone have any information about replacing the fuel filter on a 2007 Mazda 3? I did some googling, and it seems that most people say: 1) the fuel filter is on the fuel pump in the tank, 2) the fuel filter is in the tank filler neck, or 3) there is no fuel filter, or 4) the fuel filter does not need to be replaced and should last the life of the car.

However, when I look at my owner's manual (from the mymazda website), the fuel filter is clearly listed in the maintenance table, where it says the fuel filter should be replaced every 24 months (or some amount of miles). I also called a dealer, and they quoted me $130 to replace the fuel filter.

Does anyone have any information on the fuel filter, if it needs replacing and how I can do that?
nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
IBrakeForNobody
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Re: Fuel filter on 2007 Mazda 3 - need to be replaced?

Fuel filter in the filler neck? First time I heard that. I removed the fuel tank last week for an unrelated repair and can confirm that the fuel filter (which is more like a strainer) is part of the fuel pump assembly. I don't know if they sell just the fuel filter by itself though.
IBrakeForNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
Mazdatech08
Moped Rider

Default Fuel filter on 2007 Mazda 3 - need to be replaced?

The fuel filter or fuel sock does not need to be replaced, just use a good fuel additive and clean your throttle body out. I suggest SeaFoam
Mazdatech08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > Maintenance and Care