KONY 2012 - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Canadian_LX

Default KONY 2012

It's not a political propaganda statement, and I'm not posting this to start a war with those who feel we should help our own first.

I'm posting it so people have been made aware. Whether you choose to help is up to you. I've donated and bought the kit. I hope others will too.

Good luck.

KONY 2012
Canadian_LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
fatabbot
Super Moderator

Default Re: KONY 2012

But....but....Rush Limbaugh tells me he's just a poor Christian in the middle of a Islamic neighborhood.

fatabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
shansen120

Thank you for posting that Josh
Makes you think.

Forester Mod Thread ______________________ Fusion Mod Thread
shansen120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
blackfusion06
F1 Driver

Gonna show that to my kid tonight he said "My life is so unfair!!" to me last night.
blackfusion06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
Alec Trevelyan

Send a message via ICQ to Alec Trevelyan Send a message via AIM to Alec Trevelyan Send a message via MSN to Alec Trevelyan

Interesting reading on the guys who made this and their "charity": http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/
Old 03-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Canadian_LX

I've got a degree in history, I know a bit about the African state and what it's root causes are and how long things have been going on.

Again, if you choose to ignore it and read into the propaganda of facts like "31% goes directly towards the cause" which mind you, is probably far greater than most other charities like World Vision and Oxfam, then that is your prerogative.

What happened in Rwanda 18 years ago was one of the greatest failures of the human race. We allowed a group of rebels to systemically massacre hundreds of thousands of individuals - simply because the world was unaware of the extreme circumstance. Sure we had Canadian peacekeepers constantly faxing the UN assembly stating what the state of affairs was like, but because of ignorance, it was regarded as tribal/civil war and not something the world should be concerned with. Then it happened again with Sierra Leone and the diamond industry) but because of the lack of social networking to spread the word the injustices continued to occur, completely unnoticed by the rest of the world - and of those who did notice, most didn't care because it did not affect them directly.

And here we are with Uganda. A country that has very little relevance to the rest of the world in terms of global stability. So yes, it, like Rwanda, gets put on the back burner. It's ok that we put sanctions on Libya and Syria to stop the tyrannical regimes from killing their people because it affects us as we pay for the outcome at the pumps. We oust people like Saddam Hussein who murdered 200,000 of his own people because he's a nut job and threatened to cut off oil supply to the world, and that's ok because again, it affects us directly. And there there's Uganda. Most people couldn't even place the country on a map. A war-torn country for 20 years but people don't care. They let it happen, it means nothing to us.

The point of the video and the movement is not to get people to donate money, the point of the video is awareness and that is exactly what I think people are missing. It's not really about sending troops and giving away your hard earned dollars but about acknowledgment. Letting the world know what is going on. If this happened on our home soil do you really think it would fly? Of course it would not.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
theblackbox
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to theblackbox

http://9gag.com/gag/3212157
theblackbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Alec Trevelyan

Send a message via ICQ to Alec Trevelyan Send a message via AIM to Alec Trevelyan Send a message via MSN to Alec Trevelyan

[quote author=TheBlackBox link=topic=205191.msg4197644#msg4197644 date=1331232502]
http://9gag.com/gag/3212157
[/quote]

Oh shit--lawyered.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
Canadian_LX

lol, exactly the point! Awareness of social issues is key.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
danger mouse
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to danger mouse

Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Misc > Lounge