Pivot Mega Raizin Review - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
hoffo
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Pivot Mega Raizin Review

Installed a Pivot Mega Raizin voltage stabilizer / condenser unit today. Saw all the positive feedback and Bean's dyno of the Buddy Club condenser and found one of these Pivot units fairly cheap so thought I'd see how it worked on the Mazda 3. First thing I noticed was better low end torque when starting out from a stop and smoother idle and better response overall. Seems to make a difference and I didn't reset the ECU (didn't unhook battery terminals) while installing. Aside from this mod I also have a throttle body ground wire (which I installed a few years ago) which helped response as well but the Pivot unit seems to actually improve the powerband and smooth everything out. Audio may also be clearer but it's hard to say without having heard it back to back against stock. Overall a decent mod if you can score one on the cheap. Just watch out for fakes here is a thread that tells you how to spot a fake Mega Raizin: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-Pivot-Raizins

And here is the installed unit:
2005 Mazda 3i 2.0 5spd mt velocity red. Corksport rear mount insert, Mazdaspeed short shifter, carbon fiber shift boot, Redline mt-90, K&N air filter, Denso iridium plugs, Optima red top, tb ground, Pivot mega raizin, ebay strut tower brace, H&R coilovers, 16x7 Rota fighter 10s, H&R rear sway, Corksport exhaust, Whiteline adj. front endlinks
hoffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
AZ-520
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Pivot Mega Raizin Review

Research has begun, thanks, looks like a cheaper alt. to the buddy club.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
hoffo

Got it for just under $40 on ebay from a seller in Malaysia for anyone that is curious as to the price.
2005 Mazda 3i 2.0 5spd mt velocity red. Corksport rear mount insert, Mazdaspeed short shifter, carbon fiber shift boot, Redline mt-90, K&N air filter, Denso iridium plugs, Optima red top, tb ground, Pivot mega raizin, ebay strut tower brace, H&R coilovers, 16x7 Rota fighter 10s, H&R rear sway, Corksport exhaust, Whiteline adj. front endlinks
Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
luisitol
Go-Kart Driver

looks like a good alternative for those not looking to spend buddy club money. Thanks for the info.
luisitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
gibbsinator
Short Track Racer

Very interested. Thanks for post. Let us know if it helped/improved audio, mileage, or anything else. What about the grouding cables? If I get one do I need those cables?
gibbsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
hoffo

Thinking it should improve mileage slightly but I'll keep you guys posted on that. The one I got and most of the Mega Raizins for sale don't come with extra ground wires. This was just the main unit and the 2 wires which hook to the battery. I only have one area on my car grounded and that is the throttle body. I got my throttle body ground wire from Flex Innovations but you can easily make your own. Audio I think is clearer and it probably should be as using capacitors is understood to improve audio clarity and performance within the car audio community.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
gibbsinator
Short Track Racer

I'm not caught up on my electronics, audio, and wiring at all. I noticed when I play aux in through my phone and charge at same time I get a &quot;feedback&quot; noise, is this eliminated through grounding the battery or is that problem solved closer to the headunit? The Pivot I'm looking at will come with 5 grounds I believe.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
hoffo

To fix that you need something called a ground loop isolator. This product would not solve that.

Update: Drove the car at night seems like the headlights might be a tad brighter. Also I opened and closed my power window on the drivers side and noticed no dimming of the headlights except when the window hit the very top and sealed but it was definitely less dimming than I remember stock. Loving how this feels, almost seems like a new car with the improved torque and overall smoothness. Very happy I tried this out and didn't listen to all the naysayers on so many other forums that say these voltage stabilizers are a scam. Running an Optima red top battery also just for reference so you guys know that I have a quality battery in this car. It's only about a year old also. The Mega Raizin will show your minimum voltage when starting the car and also the real-time voltage for 1 minute after start-up. My starting-up voltage was around 9.5-9.6 volts the last few times I looked at it. Running voltage about 14.4-14.5.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
gibbsinator
Short Track Racer

Very cool man. I thought what I needed was a ground loop isolator... I'll be purchasing one of these soon, I'm pretty sold. Especially for the price. Most people that call it a scam don't understand the concept. Some products out there make crazy statements about improvement, and a condenser might sound like similar bogus talk, but science backs it up.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
cab0oze

[quote author=Gibbsinator link=topic=204699.msg4196405#msg4196405 date=1331093500]
Very cool man. I thought what I needed was a ground loop isolator... I'll be purchasing one of these soon, I'm pretty sold. Especially for the price. Most people that call it a scam don't understand the concept. Some products out there make crazy statements about improvement, and a condenser might sound like similar bogus talk, but science backs it up.
[/quote]Nah its not a scam, it just doesn't do anything close to 100$ worth of difference (and the buddy club is like 250 or something retarded lol). More like 30$ worth of difference.

But anyhow if nothing else this one tells you the voltage of your system which is a kinda neat bonus. So if its way cheaper than the buddy club for the same thing with a lil bonus, then good find.

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Powertrain 2004-2009 Mazda3 > Modifications