New Tires - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
Mista B
Go-Kart Driver

Default New Tires

I need new tires but I don't know which ones to get. I'm looking for All-Seasons because I live in Michigan. I know they aren't the best in snow but I cant afford a pair of winter and another pair for the summer. Belle Tire recommended Dunlop Signatures but there reviews are terrible. I am looking to spend less than $500 on four tires. Any information is helpful. Thank you in advanced.

Did some research looking at

Yokohama ADVAN S.4. and Continental ExtremeContact DWS

yay or nay?
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
phoenixosu
Grand Am Series

Default Re: New Tires

My experience with the Yokohama AVID was terrible, they skidded around in the rain when driving the car off the lot, and I never felt particularly stable in the wet with them. I replaced them with the Continental Extremecontact DWS tires and the car is like its on rails (in a good way)! I would suggest the Continentals, they always get great reviews on here and I highly doubt you will have issues, tho I do suggest you get chains for your car if you live in a snow/ice prone area, your car may be replaceable but you aren't, and when a bad storm hits you don't always have time to stop by the local Les Schwab for snow tires.
[size=6pt]Mods: 17x7.5 rims w/ Conti DWS tires | 4 75W kicker speakers | Memphis 300W amp | full size spare | BC Condenser kit w/ extra grounds | CS SRI w/ box | timing advance | upgraded horn | CS LED kit | Axela badge | alu pedals | Momo shift knob | Alu fuel door | footwell LEDs | VTCS delete | TB coolant bypass | L fog light vent | bi-xenon HB/LB | HID fogs | SB LED turn sigs | LED DRLs | LED reverse lights | painted foglight trim | LED tail lights | LED reflectors[/size]
phoenixosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
exentix
F1 Driver

Default Re: New Tires

Dws ftw.

jbr stuff, cp-e catted dp, autotech cdfp internals, cobb ap, cobb xle bpv, grimmspeed ecbs, STRATIFIED TUNE in progress, enkei evo 6, continental dw, 35% tint
exentix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Wheels / Tires > Wheels / Tires Technical Information, FAQ's, How-To's