Advanced Keyless Entry Batteries - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
thewinemisfit
Short Track Racer

Default Advanced Keyless Entry Batteries

I've owned my 2010 Mazda for about a year now and I'm starting to get the warning from my car the that the battery is low on power. I' rarely use the buttons on the FOB and normally use the door request switch to unlock the doors and the car will automatically lock when I walk away. Has anyone else had the issue of a short battery time frome on their FOB?

I wish my grass was Emo so that it would cut it self. MODS: MS Short Throw, Axela Badge, Mazdaspeed CAI.
thewinemisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
quantumphreak
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Advanced Keyless Entry Batteries

Well at almost 2 years into the factory batteries it's about time to replace them. Owners manual
Old 10-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
thewinemisfit
Short Track Racer

They are only a year old. Bought my 3 at the modle year end clearance. I just think changing them every year is alot.

I wish my grass was Emo so that it would cut it self. MODS: MS Short Throw, Axela Badge, Mazdaspeed CAI.
thewinemisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
tronix102
Le Mans: GT Class

How do you open the new FOB's to change the battery?
tronix102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
digi0123
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Run something thin around the seam on the FOB from the rear forward...be gentle but consistent and the cover will pop up. Battery will be under the little protector. The battery is a 2025. I replace mine about every year or so. If you think about it, the car is constantly talking to the FOB making sure it's in range of the system.
ATX Crystal White Pearl Hatch - GT, Tech, Bose, Tint. CS SRI, Tripoint Engineering RSB and end-links. Eibach Pro Kit, Dynamat all around, Crager 17" Touring Wheels and Tourevo touring All-Season rubber. LED High Mount, LED this and that.
digi0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2010-2013 Electronics Discussion