how to identify trim model - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
jabh123
Bicycle Rider

Default how to identify trim model

i'm picking up a 3 this weekend, (a gift from the parents), and wanted to know how to tell what trim model it is? all i know is it's a 2005 mazda 3 other than that, i don't know whether it's an "i" or "s" (also if someone could give a simple explanation of the differences between the two)

thanks
jabh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
crazyduckme
PINK ALL THE THINGS!

Send a message via AIM to crazyduckme Send a message via Yahoo to crazyduckme
Default Re: how to identify trim model

What size is the engine? the i's have a 2.0 engine while the s's have a 2.3 engine.

Also: The s comes with the side air bag package standard, fog lights, 17" alloy wheels, and a sport style grille.
the i has smaller wheels (16&quot.

iTweet xoxo Michelle Car Thread
crazyduckme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
allfiredup
Grand Am Series

[quote author=crazyduckme link=topic=196141.msg4110248#msg4110248 date=1316003623]
Also: The s comes with the side air bag package standard, fog lights, 17" alloy wheels, and a sport style grille.
the i has smaller wheels (16&quot.
[/quote]

The side-impact airbags weren't standard on any 2005 trim levels. They were part of an option package that also included ABS. They became standard on the 2006 s Touring and Grand Touring models.

2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD- Crystal White Pearl w/ Sand, Moonroof/Bose

2014 Mazda6 Touring- totaled by a drunk driver on 4/12/14! T-boned on passenger side at 50mph and I walked away with just a few bruises and minor airbag burns! Trying to decide between a 2012/2013 Mazda6 s GT (love the V6) OR another 2014 but Id get a Grand Touring this time
allfiredup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
O-Deka-K
Moped Rider

This is 2 months later, so maybe you've found the info you were looking for already. However, just in case:

Is it a Canadian model? As far as I know, "GTA" means "Greater Toronto Area", which means you're in Canada. If that's the case, then there are no "i" or "s" models. The Canadian trim levels are different from the US, and are split up like this:

The sedan is called the "Mazda3", while the hatchback is called the "Mazda3 Sport".
The trim levels are GX, GS and GT, with GT being the highest. In 2005, there was no GX level for the hatchback.

You can find a list of Canadian 2005 features here (last page):
http://www.mazda.ca/files/2005_mazda3_eng.pdf

An easy way of finding out your trim level is use a free VIN decoding site like http://www.decodethis.com/. Just enter your VIN and it'll give you info about your car.
O-Deka-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Models / Trim