VCTS removal review - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
t147
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default VCTS removal review

So, today I finally finished with the tail lights and got to drive the car. my impressions of the VCTS removal and the Honing and Polish, the throttle response is much better and my buttometer says it did something. Not sure what but, the throttle response and the mid- high power range seems to be a bit better. I have no software to prove this but soon I will be getting an AP and will log accordingly!
-CoolGuy stickers, mad awesome bright lights, blackedout lenses, super wicked general tires I got from Sears for forty dollars, some random size shift boot, mad skillz shift knob with fake carbon fiber. This is the stuff you put in your sig when you have nothing done to your car but you want to feel kewl with your wire wrap and neon LED underdash lights.
t147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
killa cam
F1 Driver

Default Re: VCTS removal review

pics?
killa cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
nosaccordh22
Le Mans: GT Class

Send a message via AIM to nosaccordh22

?
nosaccordh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
killa cam
F1 Driver

i just did this, but while i was at it, i welded in provisions for water\meth and nitrous... i havn't installed it yet so i don't know the gains yet.. pics will come in a little bit.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
t147
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Sorry all I sold the car. I didn't take any pics. That's why I didn't post them. A guy here in Moore has the car. Not sure he's found the site yet though. I honed / polished and mirrored the ports the best I could as well. The car became more responsive and seemed quicker on the buttometer. I cut the bar that passes through the intake ports so just the end with the rubber grommet was left to plug the hole.

WARNING: The CEL will come on after you do this. Unless you have a standback or some other tuning device. It will also void warranty if you have one.
-CoolGuy stickers, mad awesome bright lights, blackedout lenses, super wicked general tires I got from Sears for forty dollars, some random size shift boot, mad skillz shift knob with fake carbon fiber. This is the stuff you put in your sig when you have nothing done to your car but you want to feel kewl with your wire wrap and neon LED underdash lights.
t147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
killa cam
F1 Driver

there are a couple tricks you can do with relays and other things to eliminate the CEL without AP... afaik, standback will not do anything for the CEL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > MazdaSpeed > MazdaSpeed3 Modifications