CEL code P0442 question - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
pearcar32
Grand Am Series

Default CEL code P0442 question

Monday had my CEL come on, went to O'Reilly's and had them pull it. It came back P0442, Evaporative Emmision Control System Leak. I had them reset it, and today it came back on again. Both times it came on during start up of the vehicle. Neither codes came on while driving. Since Monday I've done some fairly aggressive driving to see if I can get it to come back during/after boost. Can anyone give me some information or insight as to what I need to look at to get this fixed? I'm not wanting to bring it into the dealership. I have a 1500 mile roadtrip tomorrow and want everything running fine. Thank you all for the help.
2009 CWP Mazdaspeed 3 GT..Purchase Date 7/3/09..My Daily Driver..48k miles, 2 CEL's(random misfires in Cyl. 3) Left rear blown shock at 37k, replaced under warranty.-----SOLD//CPE-Nano Intake//Tint//DDE Kit

2006 Chevy Monte Carlo SS LS4
pearcar32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
t147
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Re: CEL code P0442 question

[quote author=pearcar32 link=topic=189979.msg4007451#msg4007451 date=1304018353]
Monday had my CEL come on, went to O'Reilly's and had them pull it. It came back P0442, Evaporative Emmision Control System Leak. I had them reset it, and today it came back on again. Both times it came on during start up of the vehicle. Neither codes came on while driving. Since Monday I've done some fairly aggressive driving to see if I can get it to come back during/after boost. Can anyone give me some information or insight as to what I need to look at to get this fixed? I'm not wanting to bring it into the dealership. I have a 1500 mile roadtrip tomorrow and want everything running fine. Thank you all for the help.
[/quote]

Purge Pump. Get a new one.
-CoolGuy stickers, mad awesome bright lights, blackedout lenses, super wicked general tires I got from Sears for forty dollars, some random size shift boot, mad skillz shift knob with fake carbon fiber. This is the stuff you put in your sig when you have nothing done to your car but you want to feel kewl with your wire wrap and neon LED underdash lights.
t147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
pearcar32
Grand Am Series

Right, is that something that I can get and put together myself with only basic tools? Or does it require extensive maitenance?
2009 CWP Mazdaspeed 3 GT..Purchase Date 7/3/09..My Daily Driver..48k miles, 2 CEL's(random misfires in Cyl. 3) Left rear blown shock at 37k, replaced under warranty.-----SOLD//CPE-Nano Intake//Tint//DDE Kit

2006 Chevy Monte Carlo SS LS4
pearcar32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
t147
Le Mans: Prototype Class

[quote author=pearcar32 link=topic=189979.msg4007986#msg4007986 date=1304079352]
Right, is that something that I can get and put together myself with only basic tools? Or does it require extensive maitenance?
[/quote]

There's a link to the Haynes manual either on this site or 247mazdas somewhere. I can't remember but I'm certain with a Craftsman 100+ piece tool kit you should be able to do it.
-CoolGuy stickers, mad awesome bright lights, blackedout lenses, super wicked general tires I got from Sears for forty dollars, some random size shift boot, mad skillz shift knob with fake carbon fiber. This is the stuff you put in your sig when you have nothing done to your car but you want to feel kewl with your wire wrap and neon LED underdash lights.
t147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > MazdaSpeed