Mazda Extended Protection Plan Pricing - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
coachfraley
Bicycle Rider

Default Mazda Extended Protection Plan Pricing

Hello,

I bought a 2011 mazda3s HB last weekend. When I bought the car, the finance guy only offered a 3rd party warranty, so now I am shopping around to find the best price on the Mazda Extended Protection Plan.

The best price I have found so far is $1400 for a zero deductible 5yr/100,000 mile... does that sound like a good price? I don't mind getting the 5 year because I will be driving the crap out of the car, and I will probably get to 100k by 4years.

Thanks in advance!
coachfraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
fjaysay1017
Short Track Racer

Default Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan Pricing

When I bought my 2008 mazda 3 HB back in november '10. The mazda dealership finance guy was trying to offered me 5yr/100k warranty, he had me going for 2,400, after I deny it, he then went to 1,800. After constantly denying the offered, his lowest one was $600, I still deny it. Because, even with that warranty, there's ALWAYS a catch inside the warranty itself.

I saved myself $2,400, because the people who bought cars from that dealership said, it's an scam. Half of the time, they don't even cover your car even with the extended warranty.
fjaysay1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
coachfraley
Bicycle Rider

Well, I ended up getting it. It is the total care plan from Mazda, not some third party warranty like many of the dealerships are pushing. I spent a long time looking at third party warranty reviews, and I couldn't find a single company that seemed reputable.

From what the mazda literature says, total care is essentially just extending your "bumper to bumper" out to 100,000 miles. It comes with roadside assist and paid rental cars as well.

Hopefully it turns out to be a smart decision. I did the same thing when I bought my 2004 acura, and it paid off BIG TIME! I got about $4500 in repairs from a $1700 extended warranty (2 complete AC replacements, window motor replacement).
coachfraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
xepharo
Bicycle Rider

Make sure it is from Mazda though. I remember when I bought mine on Feb 26, 2011, they tried to offer me a third party one, but the literatures looked like Mazda's, but he said over and over that it is third party. I think it was $1800 for 60k for mine. I denied it regardless.
xepharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
AustinPhoenix
Moped Rider

I financed with my credit union. They offered me a 6 year/100,005mile warranty for $900. I took it. It reimburses me for travel disruptions, rental cars, and covers just about everything mechanical. It's also good at any ASE mechanic. The finance person at Mazda offered me one for 1,950 and said her's was below average cost and blah blah blah....when I told her how much I paid, she tried to sell against it by telling me theirs was 5yr/100k and my CU's was probably just a 4yr/60k etc etc....
AustinPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Mazda3 General Discussion > Release / Pricing