Corksport TMIC vs. CP-e TMIC - Page 3 - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #21
what
Go-Kart Driver

Default Humor is lost in ASDF translations

Well, I initially bought it because it looked so nice 'n' shiny on the CP-E website. I was so happy when it arrived last week, so I immediately installed it, switched over to the v108 Stage2+ TMIC map on my AP, then took her for a spin.

Boy, was I disappointed. I felt no difference at all .. in fact, the car felt slower!

So I sat, pondered, and I (thankfully) re-checked the box for that magic, instant horsepower addition for my $350 plus shipping.

Lo and behold, I found my extra +20 hp .... [size=36pt]STICKERS !!!!!!!!![/size]

Kidding aside ... I try not to judge by the butt dyno. I need to do some AP logs and post up the differences from the stock TMIC (that I hopefully haven't deleted for a fair comparison).

A lot of go fast parts without the go fast look
what is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #22
pittsburghmazda3
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Corksport TMIC vs. CP-e TMIC

Any updates on the cpe tmic what? I checked on the cpe site and while they are backordered, they are still 350, so its getting really tempting to bite the bullet and get one. And kinda a newbie question since the only real motor mods i have is the xcel nano intake and t.i.p., but would i be safe getting one of these without a tune or an upgraded fuel pump? I know both are recommended, but has anyone else out there upgraded their ic without either and had no problems? I wanna get one cause I know how inefficient the factory piece is. I'm not looking for huge power gains, just something thats gonna perform better.
2009 CWP Mazdaspeed 3 GT-|- cp-e xcel nano intake -|- protege garage turbo inlet -|- street unit rear motor mount -|- street unit solid shifter bushings -|- street unit edition turbosmart bpv -|- podi boost gauge -|- second resonator delete -|- rota grids 18x8.5 +44 wrapped with nexen 225/40/18 n3000 -|- twm short throw shifter -|- twm big type r shift knob -|- sure motorsports test pipe -|-
pittsburghmazda3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #23
justint5387
Le Mans: Prototype Class

I would get a tuner before i get the intercooler
Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #24
killa cam
F1 Driver

[quote author=pittsburghmazda3 link=topic=185400.msg3940460#msg3940460 date=1298259969]
Any updates on the cpe tmic what? I checked on the cpe site and while they are backordered, they are still 350, so its getting really tempting to bite the bullet and get one. And kinda a newbie question since the only real motor mods i have is the xcel nano intake and t.i.p., but would i be safe getting one of these without a tune or an upgraded fuel pump? I know both are recommended, but has anyone else out there upgraded their ic without either and had no problems? I wanna get one cause I know how inefficient the factory piece is. I'm not looking for huge power gains, just something thats gonna perform better.
[/quote]

don't waste your money on an intercooler. You are not even really stressing the stock one. get a tuning device or a downpipe first, unless you just want the IC for eye candy.

FWIW you would probably be ok without tuning for this, and using the stock fuel pump. but then again that just goes to show how useless it is at your current mod level. get a tuning solution or a downpipe first. way better performance for your money.
killa cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #25
pittsburghmazda3

Thanks killa. It's just so tempting for the price. I figured there would be some gains to be had, considering how much of a bottleneck I've heard the stock one is, and cp-e flow testing theirs and stating it flows about twice the cfm the stock one can. Figured less restriction would mean quicker spool up, as well as greater cooling capacity would mean some gains even without a tune or upgraded hpfp? Not sure how well this would resist heat soak, compared to stock, but I can say I've definitely noticed the heat soak on the stocker. Guess as long as you put an intercooler over a hot engine, youre gonna get some heat soak regardless. And yes, I know a DP would be the start for some great numbers, but I'm just afraid of some after effects with the turbo (oil seals going etc). Cars still under warranty for another 45k miles, so I dont wanna completely void it just yet. Intercooler is easy enough to swap out for dealer visits if i really needed to. May have to go with a tuner then... Anyways, sorry for going off topic. Can we get some more opinions on this intercooler please
2009 CWP Mazdaspeed 3 GT-|- cp-e xcel nano intake -|- protege garage turbo inlet -|- street unit rear motor mount -|- street unit solid shifter bushings -|- street unit edition turbosmart bpv -|- podi boost gauge -|- second resonator delete -|- rota grids 18x8.5 +44 wrapped with nexen 225/40/18 n3000 -|- twm short throw shifter -|- twm big type r shift knob -|- sure motorsports test pipe -|-
pittsburghmazda3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #26
UsualSuspect
Moped Rider

Send a message via AIM to UsualSuspect

There ARE gains to have with this mod. I had a cpe intake with a tip and racepipe. Once i put the ETS TMIC there is a noticable power gain past 4k. It is a great mod not only for power but on the efficiency side as well as your turbo will not have to work as hard to make the same amount of boost (heat soak). The ETS TMIC is noticeably cooler to the touch even on hard runs compared to the stock TMIC. MY Car performed great even without a tune. However i did notice that the car was running a little leaner on the top end as well, so you may want to consider a fuel pump upgrade with this mod to be on the safe side. But you wont really know until you get a AP or dash hawk and do some test of your own.
2010 Mazdaspeed3- Liquid silver -Cobb AP- CPE Sri and TIP - CPE RMM - Forge BPV V2 - JBR STSP -ETS TMIC- PTP FP Internals- TWM shifter base bushings - SU Testpipe - TurboXS DP - Stage 2 ACT Performance Clutch/FW - Matt Diamond OCC- JBR RSB - CPE Towplate - 20% tint - RalleyArmor mudflaps

Street Unit Side Mounts For SALE - Only 400Miles on them
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
qwerty4550
Grand Am Series

Sorry for completely dropping off the map, but I recently came back into the country. I will post back with DH logs for before and after Cp-E tmic. Is it necessary to wait the 50 miles to let the ECU adjust when switching units? Also, although this is a little off topic, does anybody know if the DH software can now be used with Windows 7? I tried to use it a while ago and it wouldn't work on anything but Windows XP. Fail.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #28
WhiteMs3 FTW!

when i got my cp-e tmic i too felt as if nothing happened but after a day or two of driving i noticed that my car had much much more power. i had shitty tires at the time and could make them spin in 2nd but after 100 miles or so on the tmic my 2nd which would spin turned into a useless gear much like 1st lol

sorry if thats confusing but lets just say it feels much faster and my boost air temps are down. colder = more power.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #29
qwerty4550
Grand Am Series

Sorry but I have been trying unsuccessfully to get my Dasshawk working on my computer. I have Windows 7 64bit and have been told that it will not work, period. So other than looking at the data directly on the unit, my dashhawk is pretty useless. I cannot even review my logs on my computer even though I have virtual PC. Anybody have any luck with getting this thing to work on a 64bit system? I am going to try to find a laptop with XP running. Wish me luck.

I am really liking my TMIC though. My all-season tires are pretty useless through the middle of 3rd gear. Has anybody done before and after logs?
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > MazdaSpeed > MazdaSpeed3 Modifications