CHECK CD, how do i unjam my stock cd changer? - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
dim3314
Moped Rider

Default CHECK CD, how do i unjam my stock cd changer?

i think my 6 disc cd-changer is jammed. i tried to change out a CD slot and i think the disc got stuck and now my CD changer wont load or eject or change DISCs. and now it just says CHECK CD. Is there any way to fix this?
dim3314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
dim3314
Moped Rider

Default Re: CHECK CD, how do i unjam my stock cd changer?

has anyone had this problem? I've had this problem before, but it was never jammed for more then 30 mins.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
john_in_the_lbc

try holding the eject button for a few seconds?
i've heard of jams but no easy fix.
2006 Whitewater Pearl Mazda 3 S GT Hatch: Garage Vary Valiant Lip, Grill and Eyelids : Custom JL/Alpine Audio : MazdaSpeed Accessory Springs and Swaybars : JDM MazdaSpeed Strut Bar : Koni Yellows : 5Zigen Pro Racer zr520 : Continental ExtremeContact DW : Buddy Club Condenser : XE Pedals : Black Rays Lugs : HP Tint : Stubby :
My car thread http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...857#msg1872857
john_in_the_lbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
dim3314
Moped Rider

[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=185160.msg3913506#msg3913506 date=1295676041]
try holding the eject button for a few seconds?
i've heard of jams but no easy fix.
[/quote]

i tried, but it just does the BEEP sound =[
Old 04-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
vinsanity582
Bicycle Rider

Ever resolve this? My CD player is jammed too...
vinsanity582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
dim3314
Moped Rider

@Vinsanity: yeah, i just kept pushing eject and change DISC for about a good 15 - 20 mins, and it finally ejected, try it out, best of luck.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
ito

Never had the issue in my 3... but my explorer had the same issue sometimes... sliding a credit card in the slot and moving it from side to side used to unjam it.

ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
tigermack
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to tigermack Send a message via Yahoo to tigermack

What were you jaming before it got jammed?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
vanatta251
Short Track Racer

Send a message via AIM to vanatta251

i have the same problem in my 6cd bose. my trick is to keep cycling the key on and off a couple times and that seems to get it to work

[Visual Garage] [Auto Lumination] [TWM Performance] [CorkSport CBE][Sirius] [Injen CAI] [LED eyebrows] [Eibach Pro-kit]
vanatta251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
len47
Moped Rider

I just had a jam with my 6-CD Bose Changer (2007 Mazda3). I was ejecting the CD's but after the first was ejected, the next one jammed, and no others would come out. I got the common "Check CD" error message. The AM and FM functions still worked.

Here is what I did: I found a post by "Piki-iki" on GROM audio iPod Integration. He includes a nice series of pictures on how to remove the radio/CD-player. I followed what he did but I DID NOT disconnect the battery terminal as he suggested. The radio slides out a little way until you disconnect the antenna coax and a connector at the top rear (center) of the radio. My unit has two additional cable connectors on the back but with longer wires that allowed me to pull the radio completely out of the dash. Frankly, I was struggling with finding a way to disconnect these remaining two connectors, but with the radio hanging down and turned sideways, I accidentally pushed the "eject" button on the front of the radio - and the jammed CD ejected! Apparently, just having the radio turned sideways was enough to drop the CD back into place inside the changer so that it could be ejected. The other CD's then ejected one at a time with each push of the "eject" button, and I never had to totally remove the unit from the dash. I reconnected the top connector and the antenna coax, and reassembled the unit into the dash. The total fix time was about 40 minutes. Doing this a second time would probably take 20 minutes.

One caution: with the radio out of the dash and hanging by the two cables, the sharp edges of the radio can easily scratch the dash below the radio opening. Use a rag to protect the dash from scratches.

Hope this helps the rest of you with jammed CD changers.
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Mazda3 General Discussion > Mazda3 (Axela)