Can I pull a fuse/relay to shut off the TMPS? - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Nick!
Go-Kart Driver

Default Can I pull a fuse/relay to shut off the TMPS?

My TPMS light has been blinking, not all of the time but sometimes. I tried filling up the tires with air a couple times and it would start blinking again about 10 minutes afterward. I also took the car to town fair tire, a guy used the TPMS scanner and told me at least 1 is bad. I personally don't want to spend $100 to $150 to get new TPMS and have them installed right now, so, is there a way to just shut it off? If there is a fuse or relay, can I pull it without having affecting anything else?

Thanks

Nick
Nick! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
john_in_the_lbc

Default Re: Can I pull a fuse/relay to shut off the TMPS?

unfortunately not. you have to live with the light, or cover it up.
2006 Whitewater Pearl Mazda 3 S GT Hatch: Garage Vary Valiant Lip, Grill and Eyelids : Custom JL/Alpine Audio : MazdaSpeed Accessory Springs and Swaybars : JDM MazdaSpeed Strut Bar : Koni Yellows : 5Zigen Pro Racer zr520 : Continental ExtremeContact DW : Buddy Club Condenser : XE Pedals : Black Rays Lugs : HP Tint : Stubby :
My car thread http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...857#msg1872857
john_in_the_lbc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
Nick!
Go-Kart Driver

[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=183804.msg3888296#msg3888296 date=1292886362]
unfortunately not. you have to live with the light, or cover it up.
[/quote]

In that case, any recommendations on aftermarket TPMS sensors that would work? Dealer told me today that they do not have to be programed, they self-program.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Carowen
F1 Driver

ebay search for mazda tpms. i picked up a set of 4 for 50$ brand new. no problems whats so ever
|Bc Coil-Overs|SPC Rear Camber Kit|8k HID Lows and Fogs| 7k Angel Eyes| 17x7.5 Speedy Lite-Fin Wrapped in 225/45/17 General Exclaim UHP| Custom Interior- Painted pillars, Door panels two Toned Black and Red Suede, Black Leather Headliner|
Carowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Nick!
Go-Kart Driver

[quote author=Carowen link=topic=183804.msg3888477#msg3888477 date=1292901599]
ebay search for mazda tpms. i picked up a set of 4 for 50$ brand new. no problems whats so ever
[/quote]

I'll keep my eye out. I see a set of 4 for 95 but I dont need them right now. Maybe I'll just wait untill something with a good price comes available.

Can anyone confirm that they are self-programing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Wheels / Tires > Wheels / Tires Technical Information, FAQ's, How-To's