excessive tire noise after rotating tires - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
jbhempker
Bicycle Rider

Default excessive tire noise after rotating tires

I just had the tires rotated on my 2010 3S with 14,500 mile and now there's excessive tire noise from 20-75 mph coming from the front tires. These are stock 17" Yokohamas. Has anyone else experienced this? What could be causing it?
jbhempker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
MZ3Driver
Short Track Racer

Default Re: excessive tire noise after rotating tires

Did you find the cause?

I'm assuming this isn't your first tire rotation. The manual says tires should be rotated every 5000 miles, so this would be your third time? How's the tire pressure? Otherwise, it's hard to guess why you would be experiencing more road noise.

My car is too young (less than 3000 miles) to have its tires rotated, but I will keep my ears open when the time comes. I have the Bridgestone Turanzas on 16 inch alloys.

MZ3Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
3zoomzz
Go-Kart Driver

Default Re: excessive tire noise after rotating tires

My 2009 did that at the 15k rotation. The noise on mine, is from the cupping on the inside tread of the tires. After finding this, I see 1 is the worst. 2 have it a bit, and 1 doesn't have it much at all. Increasing the pressure, and rebalancing the front tires helped some. Now the worst cupped one is on the back again after 20k rotation. I can hear the noise still, but now it is from the rear and not as pronounced.
1988 Toyota Pickup, 5 spd manual, blue
3zoomzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Wheels / Tires > Wheels / Tires Technical Information, FAQ's, How-To's