Mazda3 Forums banner

excessive tire noise after rotating tires

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  3zoomzz 
#1 ·
I just had the tires rotated on my 2010 3S with 14,500 mile and now there's excessive tire noise from 20-75 mph coming from the front tires. These are stock 17" Yokohamas. Has anyone else experienced this? What could be causing it? :(

#2 ·
Did you find the cause?

I'm assuming this isn't your first tire rotation. The manual says tires should be rotated every 5000 miles, so this would be your third time? How's the tire pressure? Otherwise, it's hard to guess why you would be experiencing more road noise.

My car is too young (less than 3000 miles) to have its tires rotated, but I will keep my ears open when the time comes. I have the Bridgestone Turanzas on 16 inch alloys.

#3 ·
My 2009 did that at the 15k rotation. The noise on mine, is from the cupping on the inside tread of the tires. After finding this, I see 1 is the worst. 2 have it a bit, and 1 doesn't have it much at all. Increasing the pressure, and rebalancing the front tires helped some. Now the worst cupped one is on the back again after 20k rotation. I can hear the noise still, but now it is from the rear and not as pronounced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.