best all-season: Pirelli P4 vs. Yokohama AVID TRZ - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
unlikelymoose
Bicycle Rider

Default best all-season: Pirelli P4 vs. Yokohama AVID TRZ

I'm looking for some good all-season tires. My main priority is good traction in wet weather and acceptable performance in the snow in northern Illinois. I know it's not meant as a snow tire and I'll probably buy snow tires at a later time. I have young children, so safety is priority #1 with these all-season tires. I drive mostly city with some highway.

I've narrowed it down to either the Pirelli P4 Four Seasons or Yokohama Avid TRZ. Sumitomo HTR A/S P01 are also in the running. Any suggestions?
unlikelymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
grumpyjap

Send a message via AIM to grumpyjap Send a message via MSN to grumpyjap
Default Re: best all-season: Pirelli P4 vs. Yokohama AVID TRZ

If safety is priority is #1 then you'll want to get snow tires.
Go to tire rack and search the tires. Click on the "survey" tab in the middle of the screen and that will give you a really good idea of how the tires will perform. It also has customer reviews
Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
unlikelymoose
Bicycle Rider

Ok, let's refocus this discussion. Snow tires certainly ensure safety to be the first priority in winter, but which is the best tire for the other three seasons?
Old 09-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
unlikelymoose
Bicycle Rider

I just learned that my local public library allows free access to a popular product review magazine/website. The Continental ProContact ECOPLUS + is their highest ranked all-season tire while the Hankook Optimo H727 is second. The Sumitomo HTR A/S is a close third. The Pirelli P4 received just average ratings for winter conditions, but was top notch for wet braking. The ECOPLUS also has a top notch wet braking score while the H727 has a superior ice braking and snow tracking score.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
luisdc
Le Mans: Prototype Class

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

I recommend this tire greatly.
Angel Eyes, Advance timing, Fujita intake, Flex Inovations grounding kit, 2.0 Oil Conversion, triple guage pod, Glowshift oil pressure,fuel pressure, volts, AEM WideBand, vcts removal, LightWeight pullies, BSD Removal, TopSpeed Rear motor mount, HardRace Passanger Mount, TRZ Tranny Mount, vibrant header, vibrant exhuast, racing beat front sway bar+front endlinks,racing beat rear sway bar, Racing Beat Springs, TWM short throw shifter, EBC redstuff brake pads, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
luisdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Wheels / Tires