2006 3S struts - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
3sview
Bicycle Rider

Default 2006 3S struts

Time for new front struts. Drivers side leaks and jitters on bumps. Thinking of Monroes since KYB gr2's are too stiff or so I've read a lot.
Then I saw new "SenSens" for half price, supposedly used for racing. Well they are made in China but who knows if the Monroes are made in China too. Anyone with good or bad experience or info on SenSen?
3sview is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
gar187er
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to gar187er
Default Re: 2006 3S struts

first time i heard of them....

http://www.sensenshocks.com/en/

chinese company with old english script on the site...LMAO!!!

also the 3 isnt listed in their catalog....

[glow=orange,2,300]FS: MZ3 stock parts!!!![/glow]

[glow=blue,2,300]FS: Used 215/45/17 tires[/glow]
gar187er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
mazdaman35
Grand Am Series

Funny. I checked the e catalog to look up pricing and there isn't a selection for the Mazda 3. I wonder if they even make struts and shocks for the 3?
Stuby - Window Tint - TWM SS, Bushings and Boot - AEM CAI -Lamin-X Fogs - AWR Rear Motor Mount - Racing Beat Springs - Racing Beat Front & Rear Sway Bars With Heavy Duty Front End Links - Powerslot Rotors - Hawk HPS - SS Brake Lines - Redline MT90
mazdaman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
Katyb
Moped Rider

never heard about them... i can say i run the kybs on our 3 and i have had no problems with them being too stiff. they seem to work perfectly.
Katyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
3sview
Bicycle Rider

I found them at APX in Wilmington NC on ebay, I haven't looked at their (SenSen) website. I also saw that someone in a forum put them on a 2004 in 2009 but no way to contact the person and no follow up posted. I expect they are too cheap to last, and will probably order Monroes from the parts store, hoping to get at least another 80k. Has anyone rebuilt one of these struts? I may keep the originals and rebuild them for next time if it saves a lot of $$.
3sview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Katyb
Moped Rider

u do know struts are recced every 50k...... right? and monroes are junk compared to the kybs....
Old 08-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
mazdaman35
Grand Am Series

Are there 2 different versions that KYB offers?
Stuby - Window Tint - TWM SS, Bushings and Boot - AEM CAI -Lamin-X Fogs - AWR Rear Motor Mount - Racing Beat Springs - Racing Beat Front & Rear Sway Bars With Heavy Duty Front End Links - Powerslot Rotors - Hawk HPS - SS Brake Lines - Redline MT90
mazdaman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
mike1
Bicycle Rider

My letter to Mazda Canada:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing you to inform you how badly I am disappointed with the Mazda 3 build quality!
I was notified yesterday that I have leaking front right shock absorber at 49000 km Mazda 3 2006
The way this is going to I am aware that you will have just one customer less for my next car purchase!

Very Best Regards,
MP

An answer from Mazda Canada:
Dear P.M.,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you have encountered with your 2006 Mazda 3GS. We wish that it were possible to resolve all reported inquiries on a satisfactory basis. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.

We are confident you can appreciate that the new vehicle limited warranty must be applied consistently for all customers. Mazda Canada Inc. attempts to satisfy all customers within reasonable limits and will always honour the conventional warranty parameters when applicable. However, once the conventional warranty has expired, the manufacturer’s responsibility ceases to exist.

Experience has shown that defects attributable to the original manufacturing and assembly process will make themselves apparent quite early in the life of the vehicle. Repairs, such as you have reported are usually the result of wear or other factors over which Mazda Canada Inc. has no control. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity to explain our position.

Regards,

MAZDA CANADA INC.

Julissa Quintanilla

Bilingual Coordinator

Customer Relations

mike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
Katyb
Moped Rider

at 49km a leaking strut is not build quality. also mazda does not make the shocks. that would be kyb or tokico i forget whichon the 3's
Old 08-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #10
GearHead28
Bicycle Rider

[quote author=3sview link=topic=177435.msg3751636#msg3751636 date=1280932724]
I found them at APX in Wilmington NC on ebay, I haven't looked at their (SenSen) website. I also saw that someone in a forum put them on a 2004 in 2009 but no way to contact the person and no follow up posted. I expect they are too cheap to last, and will probably order Monroes from the parts store, hoping to get at least another 80k. Has anyone rebuilt one of these struts? I may keep the originals and rebuild them for next time if it saves a lot of $$.
[/quote]

I installed some SENSENs that I purchased from www.apxautoparts.com and so far so good. I got a lifetime warranty so what the heck.
GearHead28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Suspension / Brakes