08 Head Unit replacement - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
jktdet
Bicycle Rider

Default 08 Head Unit replacement

I am replacing an 08 Head unit in a Mazda 3 sport. The system will be Peerless 5" poly cones in the doors and Dayton ND20FA-4 tweeters in the factory locations up front
and in the rear doors in custom pods. 8" Dayton RS SUB in the trunk and a 100x 5 amp.

My question is how do I retain the temp and clock in the factory LCD panel. My dash kit accomodates leaving in the panel but the button for the clock is on the existing
radio plate. Also what happens to the center portion of the display that used to display radio station/cd track etc...

Thanks in advance for any help.
jktdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
theaop
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Re: 08 Head Unit replacement

Which dash kit do you have? I've been trying to find one that I that will house LED screen as well.... As of now, I have 2 really lame pockets...

theaop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:48 AM   #3
adamym
Short Track Racer

To be honest, you should just forget about your ext temp gauge and your clock. There is a how-to on keeping the clock and temp, but you have to have the stock radio to change the time whenever day light savings comes around. There's always electronic temp gauges out there and the clock is usually part of the radio.

I have a pioneer premier avic f90bt, it's a double din navi unit, I couldn't really be happier, except when I get my new kenwood navi in. You could use your existing navi screen as an additional screen for movies and what not.

If you have any questions just drop a line.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:02 AM   #4
monkey85
Grand Am Series

Default 08 Head Unit replacement

What dash kit do u use I have the piano black and have been looking for a good kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
adamym
Short Track Racer

The cheaper way would be to just buy a cheap dash kit from any stereo store and then buy some piano black vinyl overlay to cover the dash. You'd probably be looking around 50 bucks in the end. 30 for the kit and 20 for the material. There are kits available that come with the piano black finish, but I've seen them upwards 150 dollars.

I'm going to cover mine with a blue/black carbon fiber panel so it will match the rest of my car.
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2004-2009 Electronics Discussion