Mazda 3 2010 speakers question and suggestions - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
RGS88
Bicycle Rider

Default Mazda 3 2010 speakers question and suggestions

Hello

I have several questions about the Mazda 3 2010 audio system (I have the 4 speakers model). First, I dont know what are the specifications of the factory speakers and the possible size?

Second, what do you think about installing this kind of speakers (or whatever the size is, but same quality) without an amp:
Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5-Inch, 220-Watt 3-Way Speakers
(http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-A16...676&sr=1-1)

And if you recommend an amp. Is this good, or should I leave it without an amp?
Alpine MRP-F300 - Amplifier - V-Power - 4-channel
(http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-MRP-F30...;s=electronics)

I am interested on good quality of sound, do not like loud sound or huge subwoofers (which I am not interested on install)

Thanks
RGS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
jimp
Grand Am Series

Default Re: Mazda 3 2010 speakers question and suggestions

you can probably find the specs for the 2010 model in the 2010 electronics forum, should be a sticky with the specs. In all probablity, you have 5x7's, so you would have to made some mounting rings/baffles to convert the oval shape to round, check out some of the build logs in the electronics forums for ideas. Have you actually heard those speakers yet. Try to listen to some before you buy if at all possible. Everyone has different preferences for how a speaker sounds. Those speakers are efficient @ 91db, so you wouldn't need to amp them unless you just wanted to or like the tunes really loud. Just about any speaker is better than the stockers, and will be an improvement, but you should try and listen to different brands/types, etc. to see what you like.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
nitsuj
Grand Am Series

[quote author=RGS88 link=topic=176471.msg3730930#msg3730930 date=1279391256]
Hello

I have several questions about the Mazda 3 2010 audio system (I have the 4 speakers model). First, I dont know what are the specifications of the factory speakers and the possible size?

Second, what do you think about installing this kind of speakers (or whatever the size is, but same quality) without an amp:
Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5-Inch, 220-Watt 3-Way Speakers
(http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-A16...676&sr=1-1)

And if you recommend an amp. Is this good, or should I leave it without an amp?
Alpine MRP-F300 - Amplifier - V-Power - 4-channel
(http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-MRP-F30...;s=electronics)

I am interested on good quality of sound, do not like loud sound or huge subwoofers (which I am not interested on install)

Thanks
[/quote]

In my previous 3 I first just replaced the stock speakers with decent aftermarket speakers and noticed an immediate improvement. Though I wanted more and added that AMP along with a 2nd AMP to power a sub. I really liked that AMP and it was easy to integrate with the stock HU. No LOC needed as it has excellent line level inputs.

I would replace the door speakers first, then decide if you want more volume before adding an AMP. When wiring in the AMP with Line level inputs I found this wiring kit to be perfect. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_211ICS9....html?tp=2917.
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
sina_t
Bicycle Rider

I've just bought the new mazda 3 2010 ... it has all the options but the sound system is the base model
so i was wondering to change them with the bose model but i don't know where to buy them.. if you guys know where to find them please let me know... and if there's someone who wants to sell his bose sound system i would like to buy them ...
sina_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
zoomzoom12
Bicycle Rider

The OEM speakers are 5x7s on both front and back. I replace mine with 6.5s by adding a mounting bracket. I put Memphis Audio Speakers in and the sound is 1000xs better.
zoomzoom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
catalin-ch
Go-Kart Driver

[quote author=sina_t link=topic=176471.msg3814615#msg3814615 date=1285947609]
I've just bought the new mazda 3 2010 ... it has all the options but the sound system is the base model
so i was wondering to change them with the bose model but i don't know where to buy them.. if you guys know where to find them please let me know... and if there's someone who wants to sell his bose sound system i would like to buy them ...
[/quote]

That is the WORST idea ever! It would be costly and difficult to do (headunit etc are different) and you would see only a small improvement. Go directly for an aftermarket system depending on your budget and you will have much better results. If you don't know much about audio best go to a shop and they will advise you.

Cheers.
catalin-ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2010-2013 Electronics Discussion