turn signal does not turn off automatically after turn - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Tony Touch
Moped Rider

Default turn signal does not turn off automatically after turn

This problem just started in my 04 Mazda 3s sedan. The right turn signal will not turn off automatically after making a turn. There is no click sound and the lever does not move back into Default position when the turn is complete. I have to move it back manually.

The left turn signal works fine.
How do I resolve this? I did a search but could not find anything.

Thanks!
Tony Touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
jort88
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Re: turn signal does not turn off automatically after turn

I would just replace the whole assembly.
Mine stopped working one day, turns out of the plastic pieces inside were broken.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...Q5fAccessories
$15
Old 10-22-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
ndrewoods
Short Track Racer

It maybe the turn signal return spring failure, or the turn signal cam has broken.

Reminder... some cars are equipped with air bags in the steering wheel. Those cars are also equipped with a device below the steering wheel called a clock spring. Have some zip ties nearby as you have to have the front wheels pointing straight ahead before removing the steering wheel. then remove the clock spring and bind it with a zip tie to stop it from changing position. Failure to lock it in position may result in its failure. If the turn signal is staying on even though the switch cancels, then the problem is in the switch

This is just one of the things you might encounter if you decide to fix or replace the turn signal switch.
ndrewoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
StephenC
Moped Rider

[quote author=ndrewoods link=topic=175561.msg3835964#msg3835964 date=1287725253]
It maybe the turn signal return spring failure, or the turn signal cam has broken.

Reminder... some cars are equipped with air bags in the steering wheel. Those cars are also equipped with a device below the steering wheel called a clock spring. Have some zip ties nearby as you have to have the front wheels pointing straight ahead before removing the steering wheel. then remove the clock spring and bind it with a zip tie to stop it from changing position. Failure to lock it in position may result in its failure. If the turn signal is staying on even though the switch cancels, then the problem is in the switch

This is just one of the things you might encounter if you decide to fix or replace the turn signal switch.
[/quote]

Very well said. And a good reminder too in regards to the air bags that may come out when you decided to fix it yourself. Better off, go to a dealer and replace the turn signal switch.
StephenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Powertrain 2004-2009 Mazda3 > Stock Issues