2006 Mazda 3 Headlight Issue -They Keep Burning Out! - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
jkurzeja
Bicycle Rider

Default 2006 Mazda 3 Headlight Issue -They Keep Burning Out!

I've had my '06 Mazda 3 less than 5 years and this is 3rd time that my low-beams have burned out. I have stock headlights, nothing fancy. I've only had this pair for about 5 months. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas what the problem may be?

I'm getting tired of running around using my high-beams.

Thanks,
Judy
jkurzeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
john_in_the_lbc

Default Re: 2006 Mazda 3 Headlight Issue -They Keep Burning Out!

are they burning out at the same time?
it could be a faulty alternator/regulator (too much voltage can burn out your bulbs). check voltage when the engine is running. bad grounds can also cause issues so check the chassis ground etc....
2006 Whitewater Pearl Mazda 3 S GT Hatch: Garage Vary Valiant Lip, Grill and Eyelids : Custom JL/Alpine Audio : MazdaSpeed Accessory Springs and Swaybars : JDM MazdaSpeed Strut Bar : Koni Yellows : 5Zigen Pro Racer zr520 : Continental ExtremeContact DW : Buddy Club Condenser : XE Pedals : Black Rays Lugs : HP Tint : Stubby :
My car thread http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...857#msg1872857
john_in_the_lbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
jkurzeja
Bicycle Rider

It's really weird, the first time they both went out at once. The next time, one went out and then the other one went out a while later. This time, so far, it's just the one. I'll have those things checked out. Thanks for the suggestion.
jkurzeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
john_in_the_lbc

Sure thing Judy. You might want to check the wiring and connections in the light circuit as well. intermittent or bad connections can also be a culprit. i'll assume you're keeping the bulbs clean when installing (greasy fingerprints can make the bulbs to overheat and cause premature failure).
2006 Whitewater Pearl Mazda 3 S GT Hatch: Garage Vary Valiant Lip, Grill and Eyelids : Custom JL/Alpine Audio : MazdaSpeed Accessory Springs and Swaybars : JDM MazdaSpeed Strut Bar : Koni Yellows : 5Zigen Pro Racer zr520 : Continental ExtremeContact DW : Buddy Club Condenser : XE Pedals : Black Rays Lugs : HP Tint : Stubby :
My car thread http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...857#msg1872857
john_in_the_lbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:31 AM   #5
erviper15
Le Mans: GT Class

Had the exact same problem and had it looked it several times, they never could figure out why they would burn out so frequently. But I bought a HID kit and have not had the problem since. Hope you figure it out!

Current:
erviper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > 2004-2009 Exterior Lighting