Low washer fluid warning light - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
carenthusiast
Moped Rider

Default Low washer fluid warning light

We have a 2010 2.5 GT 4-door.

The owner's manual says there is a warning light for low windshield washer fluid. However, recently the fluid went all the way to empty and no warning light ever came on.

Is there really a warning light? If so, anyone else had this problem or know what might be causing it?

Just curious.

Thanks.
carenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
john_in_the_lbc

Default Re: Low washer fluid warning light

all available warning lights should light up when you turn on the ignition (before you start the car).
it could be a faulty light (if it doesn't light up at all) or sensor...since it's new you should prolly take it to the dealer.
2006 Whitewater Pearl Mazda 3 S GT Hatch: Garage Vary Valiant Lip, Grill and Eyelids : Custom JL/Alpine Audio : MazdaSpeed Accessory Springs and Swaybars : JDM MazdaSpeed Strut Bar : Koni Yellows : 5Zigen Pro Racer zr520 : Continental ExtremeContact DW : Buddy Club Condenser : XE Pedals : Black Rays Lugs : HP Tint : Stubby :
My car thread http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...857#msg1872857
john_in_the_lbc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
spikeymike

It may also be country specific too depending on where you are from.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
BibZ_03
Moped Rider

my washer fluid went all the way to empty and no warning light on mine too.. faulty bulb or sensors probably?
BibZ_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
DrWebster

With the 1st gen 3's at least, the low washer fluid light didn't come on US models, only Canadian ones. Not sure about the 2nd gen 3's, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same deal.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
carenthusiast
Moped Rider

[quote author=DrWebster link=topic=171621.msg3636677#msg3636677 date=1272458386]
With the 1st gen 3's at least, the low washer fluid light didn't come on US models, only Canadian ones. Not sure about the 2nd gen 3's, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same deal.
[/quote]

That's interesting thought. I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard of minor differences like that among same models sold in US (I'm in US) and abroad.

Unfortunately, the owner's manual is vague. Where it describes the warning light it has this... *Some models

Since we have a 2.5 GT, that's completely puzzling unless it really is missing from US models. I need to pay close attention next time I'm in the car and see if the light comes on at startup (it's my friend's car).

Since this happened to BibZ_03 also, I'm leaning toward it not being in US models.
carenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Mazda3 General Discussion > Mazda3 (Axela)