How do you reset the airbag ligt for Mazda 3? - Page 3 - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #21
deluxman
Short Track Racer

Send a message via Yahoo to deluxman
Default Re: How do you reset the airbag ligt for Mazda 3?

WOW!! that is one expensive scanner you have. No wonder, the dealer charged me that much for resetting the airbag light.
deluxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #22
cclngthr
Le Mans: GT Class

Send a message via AIM to cclngthr Send a message via MSN to cclngthr

[quote author=deluxman link=topic=163637.msg3488969#msg3488969 date=1262988861]
WOW!! that is one expensive scanner you have. No wonder, the dealer charged me that much for resetting the airbag light.
[/quote]

It is the same type as the dealers use. Only difference is mine has the software for each manufacturer. The emission and engine analyser I have is $60,000. Not cheap.

My shop rate is $75.00 per hour plus a $75.00 diagnostic charge.
cclngthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:59 AM   #23
jolax
Moped Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to jolax

MAy I know for a code reset, how much would you normally charge?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #24
cclngthr

[quote author=jolax link=topic=163637.msg3489404#msg3489404 date=1263013188]
MAy I know for a code reset, how much would you normally charge?
[/quote]

We don't JUST reset the light because a customer comes in saying it needs resetting. We have to diagnose why it came on, verify a repair then reset it.

If a customer comes in and shows us they replaced a part that caused the light to come on, we would charge a $75.00 diagnostic fee, make sure that the problem is fixed and reset it.

If a customer comes in and asks us to find the problem, and we fix it, we would start with the diagnostic first, then go from there. For the repair done on your car, I am guessing it takes an hour to replace the light, we would charge the $75.00 diagnostic fee, and after that, charge the normal $75.00/hour labor rate plus parts. In your specific case, your bill would be $156.00 to find the problem and fix it (based on what you stated). That $170 in charges was the labor to pull the dash apart and replace the bulb and resetting the light after diagnosing it. It appears that the center console has to be pulled to access the screws/clips that hold the ash tray panel in. As far as the cost of the light, $6.00 is cheap. My 03 Hyundai Elantra has 2 special light bulbs that light up the HVAC, and each one is $15.50.

Cars are not cheap to fix any more. It is not highway robbery.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
rickWILDBOSTONIAN
Bicycle Rider

How to turn off the airbag light as stays on. I have a Mazda 3 2006 and ever since buying the car I got the word from previous owner that airbag was deployed due to very minor type of accident or was not properly set the point is that airbag in steering wheel most likely not present even though I have not taken it to the shop to check for sure. How do you remove the annoying airbag light that stays on all the time. By the way I plan on replacing the steering wheel for a custom one without airbag anyway but want the airbag light to go off needless to say I don't need any steering wheel airbag. Any ideas and perhaps pricing as I can see in the forum there are some techs with their shops. New to the site by the way but eager to hear some accurate instructions on how to go about fixing issue.
Regards.
Rick.
rickWILDBOSTONIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #26
cclngthr

[quote author=rickWILDBOSTONIAN link=topic=163637.msg3830397#msg3830397 date=1287333674]
How to turn off the airbag light as stays on. I have a Mazda 3 2006 and ever since buying the car I got the word from previous owner that airbag was deployed due to very minor type of accident or was not properly set the point is that airbag in steering wheel most likely not present even though I have not taken it to the shop to check for sure. How do you remove the annoying airbag light that stays on all the time. By the way I plan on replacing the steering wheel for a custom one without airbag anyway but want the airbag light to go off needless to say I don't need any steering wheel airbag. Any ideas and perhaps pricing as I can see in the forum there are some techs with their shops. New to the site by the way but eager to hear some accurate instructions on how to go about fixing issue.
Regards.
Rick.
[/quote][quote author=rickWILDBOSTONIAN link=topic=163637.msg3830397#msg3830397 date=1287333674]
Regards.
Rick.
[/quote]

If the airbag has deployed, you must replace the SRS controller and the blown airbag. A code in the ECU will tell you which airbag is gone, or what is wrong with it.

In order for the SRS system to be operational, ALL airbags must be present and in working order. It is illegal to remove an airbag and not replace it. The light will remain on if the system has a code or missing component. With state inspections, you will fail the inspection.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #27
texasplayer
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Also my mechanic told me that my air bag light is on due to my clock spring
in the steering wheels thus... my air bag will most likly not deploy if an accident occurs
woot for not getting punched in the face!!!
hopfully my seatbelt does its job
Old 11-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #28
lmxx
Bicycle Rider

[quote author=jolax link=topic=163637.msg3472192#msg3472192 date=1261881981]
Yeah, it just turned on without anything being done. I never had the seat romoved or replaced. I was told that there is an issue with Mazda 3 seatbelt buckel that may have vaused the light to light on.
[/quote]
[ur=http://www.sundaybuy.com/Car-DVD-Player-for-New-Mazda-3-with-GPS-radio-TV-bluetooth-8732_868.htmll]DVD Player for New Mazda 3 with GPS radio TV bluetooth[/url]
lmxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #29
cclngthr

[quote author=texasplayer link=topic=163637.msg3854493#msg3854493 date=1289353819]
Also my mechanic told me that my air bag light is on due to my clock spring
in the steering wheels thus... my air bag will most likly not deploy if an accident occurs
woot for not getting punched in the face!!!
hopfully my seatbelt does its job
[/quote]

Replace the clock spring and that will fix it. About $135 to get the part.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #30
texasplayer
Le Mans: Prototype Class

yes im aware but im really not worried
Lol buddy said 50 bucks <3 shop hookups
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2004-2009 Electronics Discussion