Are my calipers going to rub? - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
serphaty
Bicycle Rider

Default Are my calipers going to rub?

Hey all,

I just picked up a new 2010 mazda3 GS, and am looking to install my current 15in snow tires (195/65 15) on it, but the mechanics at Mazda are telling me that this size is 'not recommended'. They told me that I run the risk of having the caliper touch the tire, or the brake pad might rub or some other sh*t. Are they just trying to get a new set of tires out of me? Is it possible that my 15inch will work just fine? They're really great tires, and I don't wanna have to sell them for another set. Does anyone know if my 195/65-15's will fit a 2010 m3?

Thanks for any advice!
serphaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
cali_axela
F1 Driver

Default Re: Are my calipers going to rub?

I seriously doubt they will fit, but it would be pretty easy to do a test fit yourself in the driveway to verify that... no harm in trying, right?
cali_axela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
condor888000
F1 Driver

Send a message via MSN to condor888000
Default Re: Are my calipers going to rub?

Depends. From what I've heard, the 2.0L engine once more has brakes which will accommodate 15" tires. If you have the GS sedan you have the 2.0L engine. If it's the GS hatch you have the 2.3L engine.

In all honesty, jack up the car and see if they fit. Nothing to lose, shouldn't take that long.
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Wheels / Tires > Wheels / Tires Technical Information, FAQ's, How-To's