I'm installing new wheels, which lug nuts should I get? - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
KingDiamond
Short Track Racer

Send a message via AIM to KingDiamond
Default I'm installing new wheels, which lug nuts should I get?

I'm installing Enkei J10 wheels on my Mazda 3 hatchback. The holes on the wheel where the lug nuts go are smaller than they were on the stock 17-inch wheel so I cannot use the stock lug nuts (which are a little rusted anyway). So I've been looking online and I see these "tuner lug nuts" which require a special key to use. Are these the type of lug nuts most people use with aftermarket wheels on a Mazda 3? Can anyone point me to a website that sells these?

P.S. - I did a search on the forum and didn't find anything.
2005 Mazda 3 5-door | Titanium Grey | 5 Speed MT | Safety Pkg | Sound System [Memphis 250W amp; Image Dynamics IDQ10v2 sub; custom box; PPI PC2150 amp; Image Dynamics CXS-64 front components; 4 gauge wiring]
KingDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
danielj
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to danielj Send a message via MSN to danielj
Default Re: I'm installing new wheels, which lug nuts should I get?

I did a search for "lug nuts" and pulled up 4 pages.

What is your budget? What finish do you want?

Summitracing.com has a good assortment.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
KingDiamond
Short Track Racer

Send a message via AIM to KingDiamond

Well there are a lot of threads that include the words "lug" and "nuts." I found one thread that somewhat answered the question, but a search on google showed better information. So for anyway that needs to know, with Enkei wheels you need tuner / spline drive lug nuts, with a conical seat, 12MMx1.5 pitch. The ones I'm going with are Gorilla 21133HT.
2005 Mazda 3 5-door | Titanium Grey | 5 Speed MT | Safety Pkg | Sound System [Memphis 250W amp; Image Dynamics IDQ10v2 sub; custom box; PPI PC2150 amp; Image Dynamics CXS-64 front components; 4 gauge wiring]
KingDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #4
minger
Moped Rider

I'm a fan of the Gorilla 19mm Steel ones on Amazon. $22 or so, won't stripe or break or anything, has keys, and uses the goodl ole 19mm size to get all the other ones out - easy and reliable.
minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Wheels / Tires > Wheels / Tires Technical Information, FAQ's, How-To's