MAZDA 3 SEDAN ROAD NOISE! - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
dflane39
Bicycle Rider

Default MAZDA 3 SEDAN ROAD NOISE!

Hi everyone!

I am seriously looking at purchasing a 2010 Mazda 3 GT Sedan....love the car but am concerned about the constant complaint of road noise. Would like to hear from both new and long-time owners of the Mazda 3 sedan on this subject.

Thanks for the feedback
dflane39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
wildcard50
Moped Rider

Default Re: MAZDA 3 SEDAN ROAD NOISE!

I have a new 2010 mazda3 and i love it, there is mild roadnoise but no more than any other compact car in this segment.The ride is solid and comfortable. the road noise i do experience is on highways and badly paved roads but you can't fault the car for this ,in my case its the tires(bridgestone turanzas) but this is the OEM tire for many cars such as the honda civic and toyota matrix.The engine is very refined and the Mazda 3 is the best handling car in its class.I test drove the civic,corolla and sentra and this car is way ahead in my opinion the best car.It really preforms on the highway,plenty of power and good fuel economy.The Corolla i test drove had door panel rattles and had a steering problem on the highway(tend to pull to the right).I guess you will have to test drive the car yourself to see if the mazda3 is the car for you.Good luck in your search for a new car
wildcard50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
strato.blue.3
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to strato.blue.3 Send a message via Yahoo to strato.blue.3

[quote author=dflane39 link=topic=152605.msg3266698#msg3266698 date=1249583151]
Hi everyone!

I am seriously looking at purchasing a 2010 Mazda 3 GT Sedan....love the car but am concerned about the constant complaint of road noise. Would like to hear from both new and long-time owners of the Mazda 3 sedan on this subject.

Thanks for the feedback

[/quote]

turn the radio up...BUY IT...welcome! lol
Old 08-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
dflane39
Bicycle Rider

I have a new 2010 mazda3 and i love it, there is mild roadnoise but no more than any other compact car in this segment.The ride is solid and comfortable. the road noise i do experience is on highways and badly paved roads but you can't fault the car for this ,in my case its the tires(bridgestone turanzas) but this is the OEM tire for many cars such as the honda civic and toyota matrix.The engine is very refined and the Mazda 3 is the best handling car in its class.I test drove the civic,corolla and sentra and this car is way ahead in my opinion the best car.It really preforms on the highway,plenty of power and good fuel economy.The Corolla i test drove had door panel rattles and had a steering problem on the highway(tend to pull to the right).I guess you will have to test drive the car yourself to see if the mazda3 is the car for you.Good luck in your search for a new car

Thanks for the info! I have an 05 Corolla S and the road noise is a bit obnoxious but I do just turn the stereo up! Im headed out for some test drives today, near a freeway, so I'll report back!
dflane39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
menion
Moped Rider

I have the 3 hatchback, the road noise is about the same as the other cars I have driven in this class. Its worth it.
menion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
Carskick
Short Track Racer

Yeah there is some road noise. My Mom's Lexus RX300 and my dad's Toyota Solara convertible both have less than my 06 Mazda 3 or 09 Speed 3, but it is definitely not bad. For a sporty compact, I think it's average, and the tire you use will make a big difference.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #7
KrisZ
Grand Am Series

The stock tire a crap when it come to road noise, my winter tires are QUIETER on the highway than the stock Toyos :shock:

But even with crappy tires the noise is about the same as on other compact cars (corolla, civic, sentra). I think the only VW Rabit is significantly quieter, other are all about the same.
KrisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
llory
Short Track Racer

I can't say that my hatch produces a whole lot of road noise (not even at hwy speeds) unless the road is all messed up and i'm still running the stock RSAs. As far as noise, the only complaint i have is the annoying wind noise when traveling at hwy speeds with the radio off, it makes it hard to talk on the phone.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
umichioe
Moped Rider

Not too bad road noise and wind noise. It is noticeable but this is not a Camry or luxury car.

Actually, both the Civic and Corolla have more annoying wind noise.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:50 AM   #10
monzttr
Moped Rider

For its class, i think the Mazda3 is the quietest. Not to mention the Mazda3 has the best cloth interior (IMO), especially compared to a Civic.
monzttr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Mazda3 General Discussion > Consumer Reviews