Mazda Extended Protection Plan - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
lexatreides
Bicycle Rider

Default Mazda Extended Protection Plan

Is there anyway to obtain an estimate for a extended warranty plan without resorting to contacting the dealer? I'm considering purchasing an '10 Mazda3 and would like to estimate beforehand.
lexatreides is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
speedster00
Moped Rider

Default Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan

not with out going to a 3rd party. I just bought my 2010 3 and the cheapest plan was $2k for 5 yrs and 150K miles. I passed. $2k is alot of repair bills.
speedster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
Purrsuede
Moped Rider

I'm just about to purchase a 2010 Mazda3 and I was looking into the Extended Warranty as well.

Talked to the salesman who just kind of passed me to the finance/repair guys "who will tell you about it when they close the paperwork".

Sounds like he doesn't know. So I started researching the web. Led me to this forum. But it looks like you can buy the MEPP from ANY Mazda dealer and they all can price them as they see fit...

Well since the 2010 will come with the 3yr/36,000 it looks as though there is some time to shop for this. Even the Mazda website says the MEPP is the way to go.

So I think to the original poster, do some research on the web, you can purchase this from ANY Mazda dealer in the US and they will each quote you a different price.

I think, like almost everything else about car buying, the bottom price is negotiable, and not a hard and fast selling price.

PS: I've been a Ford-guy forever, this is about to be my first Mazda...
Purrsuede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
Purrsuede
Moped Rider

Just a quick update... got to see the finance guy, asked about Service Contract, and he told me about their offering: ZURICH... gave me a pamphlet.. so I called him up today and said do you not offer/sell the MEPP??

He said, yeah but it's about double the cost of the Zurich plan, and whenever I put the two side by side, maybe about 1 person took the more expensive Mazda plan...

Well you know I had a bad experience in the past with a 3rd party (non-manufacturer) extended warranty... and I really don't like the thought of going with "Zurich"...

So I just might start calling around to Mazda dealers and tell them I just bought a 3 s Hatch and I want to buy an MEPP program ~only~... and see who will quote me prices.

I did notice that most dealers won't post prices for it on the internet.

The local dealer said he WOULD sell me the MEPP only it's about twice as much as Zurich...

Now I'm debating if it's even worth purchasing.

I purchased a six-year extended service plan with my last car (Mercury) and had ONE repair after the warranty period, so basically just gave away my money to Ford...

I just don't like the thought of running around with a "Zurich Insurance" extended warranty, frankly...
Purrsuede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
vtrin
Le Mans: GT Class

Zurich bought AIG and also is the parent of Farmer's Insurance Group.. fyi

they aren't a wimpy little company.. although a quick look I didn't see info on their auto insurance, but I didn't search too much.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
mpt_1981
Moped Rider

we got a ten year/ 100,000 extended warranty from our dealer for $1700 when we bought ours
mpt_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
menion
Moped Rider

[quote author=mpt_1981 link=topic=149635.msg3280032#msg3280032 date=1250298443]
we got a ten year/ 100,000 extended warranty from our dealer for $1700 when we bought ours
[/quote]

Is that a dealer warranty or a Mazda warranty?
menion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
say chi sin lo
F1 Driver

you got 10years/100,000?!

I only got 7years/84,000...
say chi sin lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
mpt_1981
Moped Rider

it's a mazda protection plan warranty. sorry for the long wait for reply. just pulled the paperwork out to make sure but yep, it's definitely a Mazda plan.
mpt_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Mazda3 General Discussion > Release / Pricing