2010 Mazda 3 Stereo upgrade - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
jeffb101
Moped Rider

Default 2010 Mazda 3 Stereo upgrade

Has anyone done a stereo upgrade to a 2010 3 yet, bose or no bose? If so, how did you remove the doors and get the head unit out. Did you replace your headunit or simply upgrade the speakers / add a sub / amp the speakers in your system? Was the LCD screen still functional for the climate control, etc?

Looking for any information on this as there seems to be little to none yet.
jeffb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
DrWebster

Default Re: 2010 Mazda 3 Stereo upgrade

I think that since the 2010 models are so new, there aren't any dash kits for them yet...so you may not be able to swap out the headunit for a while.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
musicwalks
Bicycle Rider

This is a great question. I just wanted to add a LOC to my Bose system so I can add some subs. And cant find information anywhere on this topic. All I want to know is how to remove the head unit and the paneling. I do not want to do a head unit upgrade. Does anyone have the actual car manual or know who we can contact? I added a LOC to my previous 2006 Mazda 3 GT, so this cant be that hard.
musicwalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:25 AM   #4
GTwithaGT
Moped Rider

there's a link on this forum that shows the screen they're using in the 2010 mazdaspeed 3 in japan...it looks like you'd be able to get it for the regular 3 too.
GTwithaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:25 AM   #5
my_mazda3
Le Mans: GT Class

I have 1 peice of great news to help this situation. I took apart my 2010 3 today (GTE) and found that the main connector is still the same 24 pin connector. the wiring seems to be the same except new colour codes. I plugged in my aftermarket unit that i removed from my 2005 3. the audio part did not work but the deck did power up and functioned as it should. That was to be expected as there are 3 extra wires on the car side harness and i assume that 2 of them are power and ground for the stock amplifier. If you were to hook up a aftermarket H/U you will have to modify the 24 pin connector from hardwired ends to rca ends so you can use the low outputs from the H/U otherwise you will have to hack up the amp wiring. I am taking matters in to my own hands as far as a dash kit goes I am going to attempt to make a mold and possibly start selling them. If my mold is successful that is I will keep you posted
2010 Speed 3 Crystal White Pearl/on black interior all options- current
my_mazda3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
huwdavid
Moped Rider

Don't suppose you could share with us how you got the head unit out?

How easy was it?

If you had photos that would be even better!

Based on what you have said - do you think a TeleMute unit will work the same as it did on the old 3?
huwdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
my_mazda3

BBasically the vents on the top just pop out. They are held in by 4 clips. Use something like a plastic wedge so you dont damage the plastic with a screwdriver while prying it out. Underneath you will find 2 screws undo those and pull the radio out. Eventually when i get some time i will post up some pics and possibly a vid. I have good news in regards to getting the amp to work with bose equipped vehicles. I have recently got my hands on the wiring diagrams for the radio and again once i get some time i will inforn you if i had luck with the situation or not
Old 06-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
geddyhanzo
Go-Kart Driver

[quote author=my_mazda3 link=topic=145935.msg3188488#msg3188488 date=1245527703]
BBasically the vents on the top just pop out. They are held in by 4 clips. Use something like a plastic wedge so you dont damage the plastic with a screwdriver while prying it out. Underneath you will find 2 screws undo those and pull the radio out. Eventually when i get some time i will post up some pics and possibly a vid. I have good news in regards to getting the amp to work with bose equipped vehicles. I have recently got my hands on the wiring diagrams for the radio and again once i get some time i will inforn you if i had luck with the situation or not
[/quote]

Speed is of the essence, man. Many of us 2010 owners are just chompin' at the bit for some info and pix.
Magnaflow exhaust - 35/20 tint - MS RSB - Optic Blue LaminX fog light overlays - Axela badge - Corksport SRI - Infinitys components up front - Xenon pedals - G2 painted calipers w/sechemedia mazda3 sticker - Painted fog light trim - Painted front emblem - ST Coilovers - Tinted Tails
geddyhanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
my_mazda3

To Geddyhanzo,
If speed is of the essence then I am unable to assist you. Unfortunatly i do not have ample amounts of time with my day job, evening job and personal life. I am trying to assist you guys on the board because I obviously would like a system in my new 3 like my previous 3 and because thats what forums are for to help each other out.

Now to continue on with the good news:
I have been able to get the stock amplifier to work
I have found the proper antenna connector so the radio will work [heres a shocker its another honda part like the hid connectors lol]
I also have a connection diagram for the BOSE equipped models which MUST be followed to avoid oem wiring to be chopped up

for the amp you are looking at pin 1j

on the connector you are looking at it as if you were plugging it in to the unit

The proper antenna connector is
HO-6 2005-2008 Honda/Acura to standard motorola male
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=220403924399

For the BOSE equipped vehicles or amplifier equipped models you must follow this honda thread how he used the low outputs from the headunit to connect to aftermarket connector connecting to your stock connector
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/audio...3-install.html

I hope this is a great healp and i will keep on this matter when i have time
Old 08-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
my_mazda3

SOOOOOO GOOD NEWS
I have been able to successfully get my deck in to my car and fully functional with the bose system. Steering wheel controllers work and everything I do have pictures on how to tear apart the car but my phone is acting up and i am unable to upload the pictures to the site but i am working on it. As far as dash kits go we are in luck again a JDM dash kit has been made already only available in asia BUT it is an OEM mazda part. Somewhat pricey of a sucker but its worth it
JDM dashkit

I will keep you posted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2004-2009 Electronics Discussion > Technical Information, FAQ's, How-To's, Installations