Battery Life - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
joel1618
Short Track Racer

Default Battery Life

I don't know if this is the right section or not but i was just curious as to how long our battery's usually last?? I have had my stock 2006 battery for almost 4 years now which i would have never guessed it would last this long. Anyone have a rough estimate for how long they usually last?? Thanks.
Low, Fog KWD 35W 6000K, High KWD 55W 6000K , OEM Navigation System + Rearview Camera, LED Dome, Map, Trunk, Glove, License, Simota CF SRI, Angel Eyes, Evotion Condensor, RX8 Wheels, SS Brake Lines (Red), CX7 Stubby, Eibach Prokit, Eibach Camber, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Tinted Windows, OEM Spoiler
joel1618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Steve
Your average forum a**hole

Default Re: Battery Life

I never once changed the battery in my 04. It was still fine as recent at 2 months ago. I traded the car in for an 09, so I have no idea how much longer it would've gone.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
FemGearHead
F1 Driver

I changed out my battery just last year because the car would not start one morning. I have an 04.

If you have the dealership change out the battery, keep in mind it comes with its own warranty. You should only pay a certain percentage for the cost of the battery. At least in my 04, the warranty came with unlimited mileage, but did have an end date on the warranty.
FemGearHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
biking4jesus
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Send a message via AIM to biking4jesus

i replaced my stock battery (05) about 5 months ago. most batteries last around 5-6 years is my guess if they aren't abused (leaving lights on to drain batteries, or not freezing temps)
Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
balding geezer
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Different car so maybe not directly comparable but Mother replaced the battery in her 2001 Civic last fall. The car still started fine but I noticed in the winter of 07-08 it didn't turn over quite so crisply when the temp got down to -20 or so. After 7-1/2 years we figured better safe than sorry.
balding geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
cgfirefighter
Bicycle Rider

Mine lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. It lasted 4 1/2 years I think.
cgfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Mrblonde
Go-Kart Driver

I replaced the stock battery about mid March. (I bought the car in January)

RedLine Trans Oil Mechanic pulled the wrong work order.

Mrblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
adaughen
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to adaughen

My '04 still has the stock battery... 96,000 miles and four frickin' cold winters. I think once I get my engine sorted out, I'm going to get a new battery. After a week of sitting, it doesn't keep a charge.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ADaughen
RedLine Goods 5% discount HERE
adaughen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #9
JCByrd24
Short Track Racer

Send a message via AIM to JCByrd24

My stock battery only lasted a couple years. Cold winters in Maine and had a weird electrical issues the winter I replaced it so it might not have actually needed it. I have also noticed that these cars a picky about low voltage. When the battery is low it won't even turn over, making you think its something worse than the battery. Last weekend my car just wouldn't start out of the blue. The battery was seemingly healthy a day before, charger said it was fine, car wouldn't jump start either, thought starter just went. They're like $300, figured I'd to a thorough check/clean of the battery cables....started right up...CLEAN YOUR BATTERY CABLES/TERMINALS once a year.
JCByrd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #10
JmooreCook
Go-Kart Driver

My battery lasted a year. Died right after the warrianty tooo!
JmooreCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Powertrain 2004-2009 Mazda3 > Stock Issues