Key stuck in Lock position - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
Timotheus
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Send a message via AIM to Timotheus
Default Key stuck in Lock position

Ok I was working on my car last night and turned it on to turn the wheels to get clearance for what I wanted to do, turned it off and finished that part. Then I went to turn my car on again but the key wouldn't move out of the lock position. I tried disconnecting the battery for a while and that didn't help. I let it sit for the night and tried again this morning and that didn't help either. Since the local dealers/shops are closed for the day, you guys are my hope for today. My main questions are:

Does the steering wheel being locked while turned all the way in one direction cause the ignition to have problems moving out of the lock position?

Is it an immobilizer issue? Namely, when I put the key in the immobilizer signal on the dash doesn't stop flashing. Is the immobilizer not recognizing my keys? (Keyless entry still works, and the immobilizer isn't going crazy)

Any help would be awesome!
2007 Mazda 3 S Sport 5-door, 2.3L ATX, Black Mica; Corksport SRI, CorkSport Exhaust, VCTS removal, Koni STR.T shocks, Racing Beat springs, Gram Lights T57-RC 18" wheels, Speedline blue wide angle heated mirrors
My Tracking Thread
Timotheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
colorblindtyler

Send a message via AIM to colorblindtyler
Default Re: Key stuck in Lock position

I had a problem one time when the steering wheel was turned a little, the key didn't want to turn past that position either. Rock the steering wheel back and forth as much as you can, while trying to turn the key. Don't force it, obviously, but if it works then the key will turn smooth as butter. If that doesn't work for you, I dunno what to say.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Timotheus

Send a message via AIM to Timotheus

Yeah that worked. I tried doing that last night and this morning but I kept thinking that the wheel was locked in one position. Apparently I didn't turn it hard enough in one direction to notice that it had some slack in that direction.

Thanks!
2007 Mazda 3 S Sport 5-door, 2.3L ATX, Black Mica; Corksport SRI, CorkSport Exhaust, VCTS removal, Koni STR.T shocks, Racing Beat springs, Gram Lights T57-RC 18" wheels, Speedline blue wide angle heated mirrors
My Tracking Thread
Timotheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
colorblindtyler

Send a message via AIM to colorblindtyler

No problem, glad to hear it worked.
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Powertrain 2004-2009 Mazda3 > Stock Issues