Review: Cilajet™ - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
r0b
F1 Driver

Default Review: Cilajet™

Ok well before I begin, lets get a little background on this product because many times have I actually had my car detailed by a professional who charges $500 or more just so I can feel like I did the day I took the car off the lot. So ok all the information you are about to read it taken directly from there website, http://www.cilajet.com.

What is Cilajet™?

cilajet™ is a unique anti-corrosion sealant developed to provide the finest permanent protection available for painted surfaces, fiberglass, aluminum, chrome and alloy metals, and other substrates. cilajet™ was originally created for the aerospace industry, and has been proven to protect the paint on aircraft from the earth’s harshest elements. cilajet is so effective in keeping the exterior of the aircraft clean and free of contaminants, it has even been proven to reduce drag, thus increasing fuel efficiency. Having met and exceeded specifications of the world's leading aircraft manufactures such as Boeing, Airbus & Gulfstream, cilajet™ has established itself as the industry leader for the past 10 years. cilajet™ now brings that same unsurpassed quality for your vehicle. Because we stand behind our claims, cilajet™ comes with a 10-Year Warranty for New Vehicles and up to 5-Year Warranty for Pre-Owned (5 Years or Older, 40,000 Miles or Less).

Ok, now that thats done, let me just say that many dealers publicize products that apparently do something similar to cilajet that "seal" your paint. Products like Touch of Glass, Perma-Plate, Auto Armor, Express Care, and one of the largest Xzilon. Cilajet however, is not actually anywhere close to these other products and is chemically superior and different. A pdf via their website shows a simple test they did. http://www.cilajet.com/cilajet72hr.pdf.

Now usually I would have my doubts about any product like these but I took the time to look around and check it out, the dealer offered it for about 1000 bucks and guaranteed it as stated, for 10 years. They also do your wheels (of any type), carpets, and seats (leather and cloth). The total package is around $1200 I believe. Now while I am unsure if I would take the plunge and pay that (the dealer gave me this sealant for free), I would actually recommend it to anyone who does not want to wax there car ever again and here is why. Waxing not only is an involved process and takes time, but sometimes can be frustrating because of how long it takes. Make no mistake, I am not lazy and enjoy plenty days outside cleaning my car. But this sealer is incredible. I looked at my cwp ms3 today after it was completed while next to another cwp ms3 that had just been cleaned and waxed (like they do routinely at all dealers) and immediately noticed the difference, it was amazing. My paint felt smoother then it had ever been with any wax I used (including my personal favorite, zymol). I decided to take the test to see the limits of what cilajet™ would do and proceeded to gently take muddy water and pour it on my paint (omg he's insane!! New car!?) to test the theory of what they said was true. The results were shocking, the mud just ran off like it was nothing and left NO water stains or marks of any type. I did not even need to dry it! The paint in the areas where I dumped the water looked as if nothing ever touched the paint. Even the areas that the water had not left completely (like the bottom side skirts) were easy to take care of, I just took a dry cloth and wiped (the dirt never stuck to the paint). So in result, if anyone is looking for a unique look for there car, I would highly suggest cilajet™ as something to protect your investment from the elements for the entire life of your vehicle. Take note of the pics of my car and especially the close up of the cwp paint finish.

Videos from there website:

http://www.cilajet.com/video.htm - What is Cilajet

http://www.cilajet.com/videocilajet4.htm - NBC Interview from May 2008

Here are some pics of my car after Cilajet was applied:

[img width=576 height=768]http://gallery.mac.com/crazyitalian041/100150/IMG_0623/web.jpg[/img]

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
bpboiler3

Default Re: Review: Cilajet™

..interesting...im definitely going to have to check this out..how much did it run you?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
r0b
F1 Driver

I got it free with car because of past history with the dealer, however retail at my dealer was 1000 for outside and 200 for wheels and interior. But if you consider how much you spend on cleaning products and upkeep, this is well worth the money in the long run.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
HouRman
F1 Driver

I'd like you to repeat the mud test 2 months from now.

Then repeat the mud test 6 months from now.

Report your findings.

To my understanding of modern sealants, I don't think there is a sealant or coating on the planet that can withstand the Sun + Car wash + sand blasted by the wind...

If Cilajet lasted just 2 years then it would be a breakthrough in sealant technology and I'd quit my dayjob and become a detailer using Cilajet.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #5
r0b
F1 Driver

[quote author=HouRman link=topic=117055.msg2450660#msg2450660 date=1215627482]
I'd like you to repeat the mud test 2 months from now.

Then repeat the mud test 6 months from now.

Report your findings.

To my understanding of modern sealants, I don't think there is a sealant or coating on the planet that can withstand the Sun + Car wash + sand blasted by the wind...

If Cilajet lasted just 2 years then it would be a breakthrough in sealant technology and I'd quit my dayjob and become a detailer using Cilajet.
[/quote]

Its used by boeing lol and on airforce one.. it has to be good.. im gonna do the test... it rained today and well, the cars still clean as hell.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
CWM3
Grand Am Series

I would like to see this actually applied to a car. Additionally, I would be curious on how it interacts with different clearcoats and how it handles "strong detergents". I guess my biggest worry, if I were to have it, is how Cilajet would react to different polishes/cleaners if I were to try to polish/clean (remove swirls) my paint when doing a full detail.

For free you got a super deal and you lose nothing. Hopefully it works out. If it does, as HouRman already noted, it would be a breakthrough in sealant technology.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
r0b
F1 Driver

[quote author=CWM3 link=topic=117055.msg2450786#msg2450786 date=1215629649]
I would like to see this actually applied to a car. Additionally, I would be curious on how it interacts with different clearcoats and how it handles "strong detergents". I guess my biggest worry, if I were to have it, is how Cilajet would react to different polishes/cleaners if I were to try to polish/clean (remove swirls) my paint when doing a full detail.

For free you got a super deal and you lose nothing. Hopefully it works out. If it does, as HouRman already noted, it would be a breakthrough in sealant technology.

[/quote]

Thats the thing, you never need to wax it again... All you need is mild detergent and its done just show room shine again. The application process can be seen in there videos section and by the guy who collects cars. Once its applied, you should never have paint swirls again because you arent supposed to run the car through a wire wash. Touchless or by hand only. I actually does help reduce drag on airplanes and is new to the automotive field (just started like 4 months ago being offered).
Old 07-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #8
CWM3
Grand Am Series

If this stuff actually repells swirls and scratches I would be amazed. Even with regular washings (best mitt, 2 buckets, good car wash liquid) eventually swirls are going to come. I am not talking about a wax job, I am talking about paint correction. It seems as though this stuff just bonds to the paint/clear so I would like to see the durability long term.

I am not saying that it doesn't work or that it is not worth the money. But I am curious to see more on it than just some pictures and a blurb about the goverment using it. Please keep us updated.

BTW..dope car.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
tacos
Le Mans: Prototype Class

I got some washers that nasa uses. 100 bucks.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
r0b
F1 Driver

[quote author=tacos link=topic=117055.msg2450889#msg2450889 date=1215631594]
I got some washers that nasa uses. 100 bucks.

[/quote]

I bet u used them 2 hold ur car together didnt you :P I dont see why people feel the need to post useless shit in threads :P
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > Maintenance and Care