Mazdaspeed 3 Fuel Pump Service Bulletin - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
northmiler89
F1 Driver

Default Mazdaspeed 3 Fuel Pump Service Bulletin

PDF file

Copy and past this: http://www.o-m-g-w-t-f.com/stuff/Maz...19b%5B1%5D.pdf

So that is A LOT of why the engines are poping (Speed 6 and now the onslought of ms3s). So all of you assholes who wanted to be a dick to me and didnt listen, you can kiss my ass. I am sure ALOT of us apply to this. I was scheduled to go to the dealer today at 1 for the final bit of tuning and touch ups to my car post engine replacement and I am bringing this up. We are working this all out today, I will be back with details tonight.

This was already mentioned in the recall section, but it needs to be here.

Nearly built and soon to be badass, fully gutted, flat grey textured 02 WRX, fully built ej205, Straight cut gears PPG 1-4, PnP heads/crower stage 2 cams, JDM Spec C RA-R Twin Scroll vf37, ported tubular twin scroll headers/uppipe/downpipe, reversed long runner/PnP intake mani, full jdm sti strut/sway bars, 18x10 +18ish with 265s
northmiler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
twoslo

Default Re: Mazdaspeed 3 Fuel Pump Service Bulliten

fix your link
Old 04-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
dread
F1 Driver

linky no worky
Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
northmiler89
F1 Driver

Sorry for the link not working.. Fixed it. Dont know why it got so fubard, but it is there now.

I got my car back Friday the 4th and this was issued the 2nd. The procedure on it says your are supposed to place a Aproved decal on the drivers side door jam and it isnt there.. so I do not believe this was done on my car! And it is the REASON it blew. So I will be headed there in a few minutes.

GET THIS DONE! ASAP!!!!! Call your dealer now, especially any of you with tbe/intake/mbc combos <- you guys want to be there today!

Good luck

Nearly built and soon to be badass, fully gutted, flat grey textured 02 WRX, fully built ej205, Straight cut gears PPG 1-4, PnP heads/crower stage 2 cams, JDM Spec C RA-R Twin Scroll vf37, ported tubular twin scroll headers/uppipe/downpipe, reversed long runner/PnP intake mani, full jdm sti strut/sway bars, 18x10 +18ish with 265s
Old 04-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
Krystm
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Man I just got my car back 2 days ago, and they didn't check this booO! gonna have to call again.... sigh
Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
WOJO

[quote author=northmiler89 link=topic=108340.msg2220845#msg2220845 date=1207840784]

GET THIS DONE! ASAP!!!!! Call your dealer now, especially any of you with tbe/intake/mbc combos <- you guys want to be there today!

[/quote]

why the rush, especially for the guys with tbe/intake/mbc combos?
WOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #7
dutchie3

because this may be what is causing the major loss of power under load for a lot of people, including myself, and even engine failure and or damage for a few.
I had my car fall on it's face twice while accelerating in high gear, warm temps, also, hestation happens on a daily basis. I have an early build.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
northmiler89
F1 Driver

Yes, because modifications only further fuck up the AFR on this car and if it is having lean issues stock.. then throw on some parts and boom.

[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=108340.msg2221000#msg2221000 date=1207843881]
because this may be what is causing the major loss of power under load for a lot of people, including myself, and even engine failure and or damage for a few.
I had my car fall on it's face twice while accelerating in high gear, warm temps, also, hestation happens on a daily basis. I have an early build.
[/quote]

The reflash... omgholyfuck it makes a HUGE difference HUGE. But not enough, still having problems so a new one is due to arrive on Saturday.

And the dealers will have trouble finding this. Print it and remind them that it is a "Service Bulletin" not a "Recall"

Old 04-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
MZS3
Grand Am Series

Send a message via MSN to MZS3
Default Re: Mazdaspeed 3 Fuel Pump Service Bulletin

So this is just an ecu problem correct.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
hilmar2k
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Mazdaspeed 3 Fuel Pump Service Bulletin

[quote author=MZS3 link=topic=108340.msg2221498#msg2221498 date=1207855423]
So this is just an ecu problem correct.
[/quote]

ECU reflash and an inspection of the fuel pump. The pump will be replaced if the manufacture date falls within a specific range.
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > MazdaSpeed > MazdaSpeed3 Stock Issues