Dealer Tire Pressure 48 PSI - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
schnell8
Bicycle Rider

Default Dealer Tire Pressure 48 PSI

Hello. 2 weeks ago I purchased a new 2007 Crystal Pearl White S Touring Hatch Automatic. I have lurked on this site for a short while before purchasing and love the car very much. So this post serves two purposes. 1st --- Hello to everyone! 2nd--- As I said I have had the car for 2 weeks. Today, I decided to check my tire pressure for the heck of it. All 4 tires were at 48 psi! Isn't that nuts? I've always thought tires should be inflated around 32-35 for vehicles this size. I always kept my Honda Civic tires at 32. Inside the door on my Mazda 3 it recommends tire pressure at 32 as well. Am I missing something here? Yes, I will call the dealer and ask why it they (the tires) were filled to such a high pressure but for now I was just wondering if anyone had similar experience? I reduced the tire pressure to 40 (which still seems extremely high to me) figuring the tires had been stretched and I can no longer set to 32. lol.... The car seems (and it is probably just me imagining things) seems to have a bit of a mushy ride now. Thanks, and once again Hello to all fellow Mazda 3 owners!
schnell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
defski2004
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Dealer Tire Pressure 48 PSI

set those tires to 32 its not going to hurt anything. 40 is a bit high for just about any driving. maybe 34-36 if u like it stiff..
defski2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
Babyface
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Send a message via AIM to Babyface Send a message via Yahoo to Babyface

what has happened is that when they did the PDI (pre delivery inspection) the tech did not let the air out of the tires. When they transport the cars to the dealerships on the car carriers the overinflate all the tires to prevent them from bouncing around on the truck after they tie them down. You would be suprised how high they set the air pressure in the tires, when I do a PDI its not out of the ordinary to see almost 60psi on some occasions. It is just fine to let the air out to 32 psi. and the mushy feel you are feeling is actually how the car is supposed to feel. its o.k.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:55 AM   #4
schnell8
Bicycle Rider

Thanks for the replies. I reduced pressure to 32 psi.
schnell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:29 AM   #5
axelasunlight
Le Mans: GT Class

Send a message via Yahoo to axelasunlight

My Speed3 was at 50lbs!! So much for pre inspection.
axelasunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
cybersh98
Bicycle Rider

When I got my M3 back in 1/07 the pressure was also at 50. Glad I check the pressure. If we didn't reduce the pressure it would have cause the tire to wear out faster. Thanks for bring up the high tire pressure. I thought it was only on my car.
cybersh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Wheels / Tires