How to Bypass Dual In-Dash DVD Players - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
Ripper_MZ3
Moped Rider

Default How to Bypass Dual In-Dash DVD Players

I just purchased a Dual XDVD8181 DVD player and I need some help with the installation. I tried to bypass the parking brake lock out freature by grounding the wire but this player forces you to engage the parking brake, then disengage the parking brake, then engage it again in order for the dvd to work. The manual states I have to connect the wire to parking brake swith circuit. Can anyone tell me where this parking brake circuit is?

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
GFunk946
Moped Rider

Default Re: Need Help Installing In-Dash DVD Player

i have the same exact unit.. and this wont answer your question, but what i did was i drilled a hole for a switch and hooked up the parking brake wire and the ground to it, so i flip it on and the dvd works.. kinda sucks that the companys are making it a little more difficult for the installers (im an installer at bestbuy) to bypass the parking brake.. but we arent dumb.. so throw a switch on there.. u can buy one from anywhere.. i dont even use the dvd screen when i drive so it doesnt really matter to me.. but hey do what you want!
GFunk946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:09 AM   #3
Ripper_MZ3
Moped Rider

I really appreciate your help. I manage to connect the wire to the brake but ended up putting a switch on anyway. I was too much of a hassle to pull, the release, then pull the handbrake again to make the dvd work. Heres a link for those who want to know how to do it. If you do this, you do so at your own risk. Check with your local and state laws to find out if watching video while you drive is illegal.

http://www.espoman.com/bypass.htm
Old 03-19-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
nightridermz3
F1 Driver

You might be able to find a software option workaround on this unit. I was able to find a post on another forum (not mazda 3 forum or such) that you would hit a series of options to get into hidden menu's and make the video come on regardless of the brake wire.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:22 AM   #5
Ripper_MZ3
Moped Rider

Default Re: How to Bypass Dual In-Dash DVD Players

I've researched many ways of bypassing the brake safety of Dual DVD systems, with the help of others in the "Bypassing parking brake feature" thread. For the ease of all new users, I decided to compile this list of the three easiest and most effective methods.

These methods have worked on a variety of Dual DVD systems (mainly XDVD8181, also XDVD710), unsuprisingly, since Dual stated to me that most installations have the same codes.

WARNING! It is usually ILLEGAL and most of all UNSAFE to drive while watching video. I only watch video while parked, and I suggest you do the same. This is for demonstration purposes only, if you use these codes, you do so at your own risk.

STEP ONE. Ground the E-Brake wire.
No matter which method you use, you must ground the brake detection wire. I suggest you tap it into the ground wire on your wiring harness (ensures a good ground).

1. FACTORY RESET METHOD (Temporary)
(This isn't the most effective, but it is the easiest to try, so it's worth a shot since it apparently works on some units.)
** Go to the Menu
** Get to the Settings Menu
** Select <yes> to Reset to Factory Settings.
Credit: DKA

Have recently heard complaints of this method not being permanent, as this is needed everytime they want to watch a DVD. Also, radio and screen angle presets are lost.

----------------

2. AUDIO CD METHOD (Permanent)
** Insert Audio CD
** Press PLAY
** Press STOP twice on remote
** Enter 26604 on remote
** Press ENTER
** Take out Audio CD and Insert a DVD
Credit: DUAL Tech

----------------

3. DVD METHOD (Permanent)
** Insert a DVD
** Let it play until you hear sound
** Press STOP twice on remote
** Enter 26604
** Press ENTER
Credit: Adam P.

The blue warning screen should immediately go away after pressing the last digit of "26604." Still press ENTER as a precaution.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #6
kita32
Bicycle Rider

Default Re: How to Bypass Dual In-Dash DVD Players

i hava a Mazda 5 DVD, may also suit you. Pry open the top vent, remove the four screws fixed the machine, the machine gently pull on the line, when installed must be fixed to the clock on the installation DVD.
kita32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2004-2009 Electronics Discussion > Technical Information, FAQ's, How-To's, Installations