Remote Starter Receiver Location ? - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
dwightschrute72
Go-Kart Driver

Default Remote Starter Receiver Location ?

Hi,
I had a remote starter installed and they put the receiver on the windshield on the driver's side in the upper left hand corner. This doesn't work for me because it's distracting while I drive. I'm thinking they can maybe move it somewhere underneath the mirror area but I was wondering what other people have done ?

Thanks In Advance
Jason
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
ZOOM 3

Send a message via AIM to ZOOM 3
Default Re: Remote Starter Receiver Location ?

[quote author=dwightschrute72 link=topic=70072.msg1220785#msg1220785 date=1172068423]
Hi,
I had a remote starter installed and they put the receiver on the driver's side window in the upper left hand corner. This doesn't work for me because it's distracting while I drive. I'm thinking they can maybe move it somewhere underneath the mirror area but I was wondering what other people have done ?

Thanks In Advance
Jason
[/quote]

I'd be pissed...does the window go all the way down? :P

Honestly it's something you could probably get used to. I thought it was distracting having it by the rear view mirror at first....lol As long as the wire is long enough or can be lengthened it shouldn't be much of a problem to move. I still say give it a week or two and see if it still bothers you.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
joetroy
Moped Rider

Had a OEM installed when I bought the car and they put the receiver near the rear view mirror. Also had an aftermarket one installed in another car and they also put it near the mirror although they had to put it slightly to one side because there wasn't enough room between the mirror and the top of the winshield. Never heard of putting it on a side window. What happens if you want to open the window all the way?
joetroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
ZOOM 3

Send a message via AIM to ZOOM 3

just so we're clear my :P means I know it's actually on the windshield....and not the drivers side window. I'm not sure if the person above me is just another smartass or dumbass
Old 03-10-2007, 03:28 AM   #5
mulberry
Go-Kart Driver

I can't believe they used the driver's side. Dealer placed mine by the rear view mirror on the passenger's side.
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Technical / Model / Performance > Models / Trim