Best Stubby Antenna? - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
Uneek
Moped Rider

Default Best Stubby Antenna?

I've been looking at Carccessory.com and they have a few choices of stubby antennas for sale. I like the G-series and I-series the best for non-adjustable, and I don't really like the look of the adjustable ones. I was just wondering from personal experience from you guys if the adjustable vs. non-adjustable is much of a difference, and if you can tell any difference between these antennas and the Stock Antenna. I am going to eventually buy a Sharkfin antenna, but I'm going to try to spend a low amount on my car right now. Thanks guys! (and girls!)
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
gtaru
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Best Stubby Antenna?

I was considering getting the I-series stubby before I ordered my sharkfin since it looks the best. I'm pretty sure stubbies are just for aesthetics and less for functionality. If you look around on the forums, stubby owners seem to agree that there is definitely a noticeable difference between the stock and stubby (stubby is worse).
Old 08-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
Darknodin

Haven't received it yet... but i ordered the CX-7 antenna straight from a Mazda dealer for about 13$Can. from what i heard, you get nearly as good reception as with the stock (CX-7's base has an antenna booster). I think all stubbys give you a loss in signal clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealy
(...) sedan look good
Darknodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #4
Uneek
Moped Rider

Okay this should help. Should I just call up to my Mazda dealer to see if I could order the CX-7's antenna?
Old 08-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Darknodin

You should be able to... but, I ordered 2 weeks ago. My dealer said its not back ordered anymore so i should receive it this week.
So, if you call them, ask them if its gonna be back ordered and if so... be prepared to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealy
(...) sedan look good
Darknodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
beerski
Short Track Racer

i bought the B-series black antenna. it is adjustable, but it looks retarded when stretched out so i leave it down. its the best line out of all the stubbies ive seen, IMO because it continues the taper of the base perfectly instead of just becoming a uniformly thick 'nub' like the thicker stubbies... you have to see it installed to appreciate it, but im too lazy to take detailed pics so you'll have to make due with this one and trust me http://members.shaw.ca/powerseller/p...s/PICT0039.jpg (huge jpeg, beware)
beerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
D Bone
F1 Driver

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8073401820

This is the antenna that I have. I use the "middle" length mast (just like the picture) and my reception is 90% of stock. I have tried 5 other stubby antennas (ask my wife, she calls me Antenna Man!* ) and this antenna is by FAR the best, in both the looks and function departments.

Darryl

edit: The 3 different antenna masts are threaded on both ends and you just screw it onto the base, and then the tip onto the mast.
D Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #8
zoom_craigy_zoom
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to zoom_craigy_zoom

[quote author=Darknodin link=topic=53398.msg867573#msg867573 date=1154802655]
Haven't received it yet... but i ordered the CX-7 antenna straight from a Mazda dealer for about 13$Can. from what i heard, you get nearly as good reception as with the stock (CX-7's base has an antenna booster). I think all stubbys give you a loss in signal clarity.
[/quote]

I thought the CX-7 antenna wasn't compatible with ours?
Old 08-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
Uneek
Moped Rider

[quote author=D Bone link=topic=53398.msg867910#msg867910 date=1154826026]

This is the antenna that I have. I use the "middle" length mast (just like the picture) and my reception is 90% of stock.[/quote]

Will this antenna just screw into the Mazda3 stock base holder?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #10
zoom_craigy_zoom
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to zoom_craigy_zoom

[quote author=Uneek link=topic=53398.msg868120#msg868120 date=1154833161]
[quote author=D Bone link=topic=53398.msg867910#msg867910 date=1154826026]

This is the antenna that I have. I use the "middle" length mast (just like the picture) and my reception is 90% of stock.[/quote]

Will this antenna just screw into the Mazda3 stock base holder?
[/quote]

I bought a stubby from that exact seller and when they sent the stubby to me, they had an additional 2 sets of adapters to make sure it would fit.

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2004-2009 Exterior Modifications