Sylfex Auxmod Advanced - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-04-2006, 05:50 AM   #1
Falcon50Driver
Moped Rider

Default Sylfex Auxmod Advanced

So much have been said about the Auxmod Advanced, I figured a new topic may be in order.

This product was due for release some time last year, but Sylfex experienced huge problems with suppliers and one must remember that they are doing this on the sideline (not their 9-5 job).
A lot of people (me included) have been waitlisted for a very long time now and are waiting patiently for the beta release (which was due last month .

For me the issue is not WHEN the Auxmod advanced will be available but more WHAT will it be able to do. According to the Sylfex website it will have full support for all iPod's (the main drive behind the advanced). Features include the following:
- iPod is charged while driving
- iPod is fully controlled by HU and steering wheel controls
- Song info (Title, artist, etc) are displayed on the HU display

This last feature is what sets the Auxmod Advanced apart from all other MP3 solutions as no one has been able to do this yet.
However in a statement by Sylfex lately it is clear that this is currently a problem and it might not be available on the first models of Auxmod Advanced (maybe later models??)

Quote:
The Advanced remote mode has more problems then just that. The code footprint is pretty large, and it in itself is probably an order of magnitude more complex then AuxMod on its own, so it's not exactly a quick implementation. We're planning on releasing AuxMod Advanced initially with Simple remote control mode. That means that there won't be any relevant info on the screen initially.
The burning question for me is this: With more than a thousand people on the waiting list, how much longer must one wait to get a product for which the specifications is not rock solid yet?

This might be a bit harsh, considering the guys at Sylfex are obviously trying very hard to achieve something no-one else has done yet. So I guess the answer is easy: As long as it takes!!

Good luck for all of you at Sylfex and all of us thats waiting in great anticipation... :P
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
xxxxxxxxxxlc

Default Re: Sylfex Auxmod Advanced

I think that statements been on their website for quite some time. I too am on the waiting list and it does suck but I want it done right and sometimes that means waiting it out. If it was easy it would have been done already.
xxxxxxxxxxlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
bbcb
Go-Kart Driver

Damn, saw this thread and was hoping you were one of the "preselected beta's" they spoke of getting pre-release units last month...

I too have been on the wait list (~August 05) and will wait patiently.

BBCB

Winning Blue Hatch - Born on date: 03/05
bbcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:55 AM   #4
Payne
Short Track Racer

I wonder how many they are going make for their first batch. Im number 2896 on the waiting list. So when they start to sell them, I think some of us might be wating even longer.
Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:01 AM   #5
DaveCombs
Le Mans: Prototype Class

#2590...

[quote author=lc link=topic=48226.msg752389#msg752389 date=1149442102]
I want it done right and sometimes that means waiting it out.[/quote]

Absolutely. Not that it would pan out as a long-term solution, but perhaps they could hire on an additional developer/code monkey so this can drop a little faster.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
Woody
Moped Rider

I emailed Eric at Sylfex and here's what I heard back. For the record, I'm WL#2226:

On 5/31/06, Eric Hochwald wrote:

We're working on getting things rolling.* Based on your waitlist number, and the fact that we've got a 5 month lead time on getting connectors for the module is a little frustrating for everyone.

We're about 2 to 3 weeks away from a 500 unit run of AuxMod Advanced (which will take another 3 to 4 weeks).* It's quite probable that we won't get up to your number in that run, and our next scheduled delivery of connectors beyond this is not until September.

If you need something to tide you over, we have a few hundred AuxMod Basic still in stock.* We've had to redesign AuxMod Advanced recently due to some electrical issues, and we have finally sourced a supplier for an iPOD cable that we can use.* We are all lined up once we build and test the current version of the hardware.

It's not the most clear of answers, but that's the best I can offer for you.
2006 Mazda 3i Touring, Strato Blue, 5-Speed Manual, ABS/Side Air Bags/Curtains. Diamond Tint, AuxMod Basic (#2226 for Advanced!)
1985 Honda VF500C, Orange. There's nothing like a V4 motorcycle.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
icspots
Super Moderator

I think at some point that Eric also mentioned it was going to be integrated with WinAmp also, so you could plug up your laptop and use that as your Mp3 player.
icspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #8
Payne
Short Track Racer

So if they make about 500 units every 3 months that puts me at about a waiting time of 15 months.
Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:02 PM   #9
Woody
Moped Rider

My basic came today. I'm happy with it, but only until my Advanced comes.
2006 Mazda 3i Touring, Strato Blue, 5-Speed Manual, ABS/Side Air Bags/Curtains. Diamond Tint, AuxMod Basic (#2226 for Advanced!)
1985 Honda VF500C, Orange. There's nothing like a V4 motorcycle.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #10
xxxxxxxxxxlc

[quote author=Payne link=topic=48226.msg754286#msg754286 date=1149547232]
So if they make about 500 units every 3 months that puts me at about a waiting time of 15 months.
[/quote]

Well I think that as time goes out production will spead up. I hope anyway or else I might breakdown and get a transmitter for now. Or maybe get the basic and then upgrade.
xxxxxxxxxxlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2004-2009 Electronics Discussion