How-to Guide: Front Bumper Removal (Sedan Mz3S bumper) - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
sok07
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Send a message via Yahoo to sok07
Default How-to Guide: Front Bumper Removal (Sedan Mz3S bumper)

As requested from an eariler post.....here's the front bumper removal walkthrough. There wasn't a "Technical / how-to" child board for the Exterior mod section of the forum, so I hope that this will become either a sticky post or spur the creation for a new child board for this section. Anyhow, I hope you guys appreciate all the how-to's/walkthroughs that I've written so far. As always, donations for my time & effort are always welcome

Quote:
[size=8pt]Use & Disclaimer:
  • Please do not cross-post this how-to guide / walkthrough and its content (pictures, textual information, etc) to any other forums or boards outside of Mazda3forums.com without first requesting & gaining my permission.

• This short how-to should not be used as an all-encompassing walkthrough. It is simply a brief description of my procedures for removal & installation, and I am not responsible for any damages or injuries that may result.
[/list][/size]
[size=14pt]
How-To Guide: Front Bumper removal/install for the Mazda3s Sedan[/size]

Tools needed
  • Ratchet w/ 8mm socket & 1-2" extension

• phillips screwdriver

1.) Using the ratchet, 8mm socket and extension ... Remove the (11; 3 left portion, 5 center portion, 3 right portion of the lower splashguard) 8mm bolts holding the splash guard sections to the bottom of the bumper. The picture below shows only 7, but there are 11 to remove.

3.) While still in the wheelwell area, gently pull the plastic splashguard away from the bumper. Then using a phillips screwdriver or ratchet w/ 8mm socket & extension ... Remove the (2; 1 per side) 8mm bolts that hold the rearmost top corner of the bumper to the fender. Again, turn the wheels left/right to gain the necessary clearance.

[size=8pt]Sorry...no picture for this step. Should be self-explanatory[/size]

6.) After you've removed all of the mounting hardware, there are only clips from this point on. Go back to both side portions of the bumper and pull gently outwards, the bumper should unclip from the fender.

7.) Then go to the front of the bumper and look down the bumper/ radiator gap behind the grille ... you should see (2) large black rectangluar-shaped plastic hook clips that hold the bumper in place to the bumper reinforcement frame/styrofoam pad, unclip it.

8.) After doing all of the above steps *carefully* the bumper should be free. So just slighlty tilt it and pull it towards you. Make sure you lay a towel / blanket / carpet down and place the bumper down on that so you won't scratch the paint.

=================================

Quote:
[size=8pt]Use & Disclaimer:
  • Please do not cross-post this how-to guide / walkthrough and its content (pictures, textual information, etc) to any other forums or boards outside of Mazda3forums.com without first requesting & gaining my permission.

• This short how-to should not be used as an all-encompassing walkthrough. It is simply a brief description of my procedures for removal & installation, and I am not responsible for any damages or injuries that may result.
[/list][/size]

2009 Mazdaspeed3
Cobb AP | Cobb DP | Cobb bpv | Tubular exMani | PTP hpfp internals | RPMC turbo inlet | 3.5" core ETS TMIC | EliteEngineering PCV catchcan | CPE Trans/Pass MM | TWM SS | SU RMM | Cobb R anti-swaybar | H&R coilovers | Porsche997 bixenon projector | bosch h3 projector foglights | ...etc, etc
2003 Toyota MR2 spyder
1973 MGB GT
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Cero21
Grand Am Series

Default Re: How-to Guide: Front Bumper Removal (Sedan Mz3S bumper)

Thanks Sok! I've been waiting for one of these for so long. Someone sticky this.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
quiksilverx181
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to quiksilverx181

thanks man! Ill be doing this on tuesday, my intake will be here by then and i should have some time tuesday
Old 03-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
aznpryd
F1 Driver

Thanks for the guide, you are awesome
Old 03-13-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
pinchel

Were you just doing this to do it? Or was there a purpose behind just showing us how? Just curious
pinchel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
sok07

I was playing around w/ the HID projectors / bulbs. Specifically to get back there and replace the D2s bulbs, but inorder to do that the headlight housing has to be removed from the vehicle = remove front bumper.

2009 Mazdaspeed3
Cobb AP | Cobb DP | Cobb bpv | Tubular exMani | PTP hpfp internals | RPMC turbo inlet | 3.5" core ETS TMIC | EliteEngineering PCV catchcan | CPE Trans/Pass MM | TWM SS | SU RMM | Cobb R anti-swaybar | H&R coilovers | Porsche997 bixenon projector | bosch h3 projector foglights | ...etc, etc
2003 Toyota MR2 spyder
1973 MGB GT
Old 03-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #7
pinchel

OH geez...I doub't I'll be doing that mod. I'll call you if I change my mind. 8)
pinchel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #8
deluxe
Le Mans: GT Class

[quote author=Pinchel link=topic=41782.msg616531#msg616531 date=1142288063]
Were you just doing this to do it? Or was there a purpose behind just showing us how? Just curious
[/quote]

Haha I was thinking the same thing.....that maybe he was writing for the haynes manual company or something.

Progress || MB Motorsport Drifters 18x7.5 +45
225/40R18 Kumho Ecsta 711's || 35% Tint
deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #9
sok07

Isn't obvious what I do as my day job. I'm an engineer. So naturally I like to tinker, design, fabricate, modify, take thing apart & put them back together....and my biggest flaw is I "see a good design and still have to change it".

2009 Mazdaspeed3
2003 Toyota MR2 spyder
1973 MGB GT
Old 03-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #10
BigTrucker
F1 Driver

Why hasnt someone said STICKY!!! yet?
Advertisement

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum > Visual / Audio > 2004-2009 Exterior Modifications