Mazda3 Forums banner

Pulls/Dives hard left on bumps at high speed

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Pereira 
#1 ·
We have a 2007 Mazda 3, pretty much all stock but with better all-season tires on it.

It has had four different sets of tires (including studs for snow), and the problem is unaffected so that is not the cause. It has also had a couple of alignments and that didn't help either.

When you are traveling more than about 35-40 mph, and hit any kind of bump or dip, the car will jerk/pull/dive to the left for a split second. This is annoying at 50 mph and a little scary at 75.

I have no idea why it does this, or if any other Mazda 3 owners have had this same problem.

#3 ·
From personal experience:

1. Front shocks can and do cause this behavior.
2. So do lower front control arms (bushing wear.)
3. A worn tie rod end or ball joint can also cause this.

The control arm bushings and ball joints can be cured with new LCA's, everything comes pre installed. The shocks and struts, if you're near or over 100K, probably need doing. I did the whole thing myself in my driveway in a full day, but it wasn't my first suspension job. Plan two whole days if it's your first time.

Also be advised, check your local labor rates/mechanic shops for how much they'll charge, and for shocks/struts/LCA's altogether expect well over $1000 worth of work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.